21. Talk to her

"Is he alive?" Landon and Austin are hovering over me

"Is he alive?" Landon and Austin are hovering over me. For some reason, they are friends now and made it their mission to make my life miserable. "You are studying to be a doctor, Austin, do something."

Landon pushes Austin closer to me while I let my eyes close and don't bother groaning at them. They know that they need to leave me alone and don't ask questions about Brynn and what has happened. I don't want to talk about it because it will only lead to remembering the night of her party.

Her standing so close to Connor that they were almost kissing. His hands are both on her cheeks looking at her like he is ready to risk it all. And all I wanted to do at that exact moment was throw him at the wall because he was standing so close to her. And I am the one who is dating her and not him.

But reality kicked in sooner and made me realize that we did all that pretending because she wanted to get his attention. And we clearly got that because he was a second away from kissing her.

But I don't want to remember that.

"You are going to be a shit doctor, Austin. You don't even check his pulse." Landon's imagination is too broad because he reads a lot of those fantasy books. Even romance books but he doesn't say that too many people. He likes to be dramatic. "I can say without checking his pulse that he is alive because his chest is moving up and down."

"Are you checking him out?" I don't have to open my eyes to know that Austin is rolling his eyes at Landon now. "He would be very lucky if I checked him out. I am a very attractive man and a catch for sure."

"That you are, Austin." I feel like I am disturbing their bromance blooming. It was my own fault to lay in the couch after practice because I was tired. That means Landon can tease me all he wants because he knows my room is off-limits when I close the door. "Do you know who is also a catch and very attractive?"

Landon's voice fills the living room and I know what he is going to say. He is not happy that I haven't told him the reason why I am ignoring Brynn. She has even asked him if I was open to talk to her because she was desperate to explain stuff. Stuff that I already know because she is with Connor and I don't want to see that.

I can't be friends with her because fuck I like that girl too much. I always looked forward to seeing her. I even gave Dallas a shot who I started to like because he learned tricks that I could use to impress someone. And I was going to use them to impress Brynn when she would be watching us practice.

Friends with her would be torture. It was already torturing not seeing her a full week after the library because I wanted to do that again. I wanted to hear her say my name out of breath. I just want to give her all kinds of pleasures because that is what she deserves. I would love to help her destress by giving her orgasms.

But we can't do that anymore.

"Brynn Jones is one hot girl. I am thinking about asking her out next time we meet up for our project." My knuckles are turning white while I am holding the end of the couch tight in my hands. I don't want to punch him because I know he is doing this to get a reaction out of me. And it is fucking working.