17. Proud of you

"Come on, she didn't even have to flirt with him

"Come on, she didn't even have to flirt with him. He was all over her by just smiling at him once. How does she do that?" Davina is on her third shot of tequila while Maya is somewhere making out with a guy in the corner. The guy from the first party we went to is looking at her from the other side of the room. She gave him a second chance but he decided not to take it and get drunk with his teammates. And now, he is probably regretting that.

"Maya is one hot girl." I lay my head on her shoulder while looking through the crowd. It is weird being at a party of the basketball team. It feels like betraying the soccer team by being here but Maya wanted to make James regret not giving her another chance.

"She isn't really my type but sure I can see why guys like her." Looking up at her, she looks flustered that she admitted that to me. "Wait, what?"

"Oh fuck, I didn't mean to say it this way but I do like girls. I thought you were aware of me being bisexual." I take the bottle out of her hands and take another sip. I have been drinking quite a lot but I am in need of it. My head is working more hours since Mason stayed the night.

"I thought it but I didn't want to ask you. I wanted to give you the time to say it to me for yourself. You know that I love you for who you are and you being bi doesn't change a thing to me." Kissing her cheek or well that is what I assume I am doing, I hope that I make clear to her that I love her for who she is.

"Does that mean I can set up a date with you and a girl on my team? She told me that she finds you very pretty and would really like to try some things with you." She rolls her eyes at me because she always hated it that I wanted to set her up with guys. "I am going to regret telling you this because you are going to make it your mission to find someone for me now."

"I know that you love me." She brushes me off her shoulder and I pout my lips. "Davina, I am comfortable on the couch. I promise not to make any more comments if you let me sleep on your shoulder."

"We are at a party so we are going to enjoy it." She tugs me off the couch and I want to protest because I am tired. I had long practice with the girls earlier since we wanted to prove to the guys' coach that we are also good and worth her time. I am quite sure that I even saw her smile at me once when I did a trick with the girls.

Dallas tells me that she never smiles at any of them even if some of the guys do something stupid. Which they do a lot since they are a group of five-year-olds when they are together. The guys' team sometimes feels like a children's soccer team but with the ability of professional soccer players.

You want to hate them but you just can't for some reason. Except for Hunter maybe, that guy I just can't stand.

"Jones, never thought I would see you here." I can feel the whole basketball team stare at me now. It isn't that I am ashamed of sleeping with him, it is more that I don't really like the attention. "I should be asking you this question since you go to our rival college. What are you doing here?"