20. Catwalk

Maya wants me to come out of my room because she couldn't stand me reading romance books any longer

Maya wants me to come out of my room because she couldn't stand me reading romance books any longer. She said I was torturing myself by locking myself in my room reading them because it wouldn't make me forget Mason faster. Which she didn't like because she wants me to talk to him and do a whole grand gesture or something like that.

"You promised to be my assistant for the catwalk." She pulls my blanket off my bed so I can't hide underneath it anymore. I have been keeping myself busy reading books and using the book embosser that I got from Mason. I like to torture myself apparently because I even sleep with the hoodie he once left behind at my place.

It smells like him and it makes me miss him more which is already a lot. He has been ignoring me and my texts. Whenever he sees me walking over to him, he goes the other way so I gave it up. I should give him some space because he does think that Connor and I are dating or something now.

Which is stupid because Connor has made it his job to stay away from me as far as possible. He is still texting me wanting updates on the whole Mason situation. He even promised not to say anything to Dallas who has been asking questions about why Mason is angry at the two of them again.

Dallas was starting to like Mason and really wanted to hang out with him. He even told me that he found the guy even a better soccer player than him because he is faster and knows more tricks to use on the field that are necessary. While Dallas knows a lot of tricks that you can only use for fun and not actually during a game.

"I don't think I ever agreed on that." She is standing with her hands on her hips which means business. She is not going to take no for an answer and I can't blame her. "See this as a chance to have a decent talk with Mason who can't run away from you. He promised to be there and he won't back off."

She shows me her phone where I can see a message from him asking where he has to be in an hour. He is still going to walk her catwalk instead of not doing it because we are no longer talking. He is a good person and that makes me feel worse about this whole situation.

"You think I haven't tried talking to him? I have been doing everything in my power to talk to him. But he is the one avoiding me like the plague." She doesn't even bother looking at me while throwing some clothes on my bed. "Can you blame him? You used him to get Connor's attention and in his eyes you got it."

"Don't get me wrong, Brynn, but why did you think that was a good idea? You read those books for fun so you know how bad it can go." Maya was not happy when I told her about the fake dating that Mason and I did. She didn't believe me at first and thought I was joking because we apparently looked crazy in love with each other.

"You can't be mad at me alone. We decided to give it a shot together." She sits down at the end of my bed. "I am not mad at you. I just think you know how things like that can turn out since your whole bookshelves are filled with them. One of you was meant to get hurt by it."