18. Bookshelves

People were leaving the library with their friends while I was with my nose in my books

People were leaving the library with their friends while I was with my nose in my books. I have been putting off my assignments for too long and now everything is falling into one place. It is hard to keep myself concentrated when all I want to do is play soccer or hang out with Mason.

He has been texting me the whole time but I told him to stop because I had to concentrate. And also people surrounding me were getting angry at me for being all smiley when looking at my phone. He has not texted me since I told him to and it sucks. I want him to text me and let me know what he is doing.

I also have been staring at my document for the past thirty minutes without anything on it. I just can't seem to think of something to write about. All I know is that I want to go home and sleep because I am not getting anywhere by just staring at my books and computer. But I also need to hand in the assignment by the end of the week which is in two days.

I love writing, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I hate it that I need to write a full-on text for a deadline. I went for creative writing because I thought it would be nice to do something that I love to do. I knew that soccer wasn't going to be it for me so I went for the second thing that I love. Writing.

My whole dream of writing a romance book or a novel had been destroyed during the second week of college. My professor was quite honest about how hard the publishing world is and that you need to do a lot more than write little stories. He ruined a few people's dreams that day but he made me want to work harder.

It is not that I am going to be a published author soon but I am going to keep writing and improve myself. What he made me think of is how much I want to work in the publishing world. I want to give unknown authors the chance.

"It is not going to write itself, darling." Mason stands in front of me now with sour candy in one hand and a coffee in the other. "What are you doing here?"

"You said you were doing an all-nighter so I thought I could join you. Studying is always better with two." He takes the chair in front of me while placing the candy in front of me. "I even brought your favorite candy to motivate you."

"That is nice of you." He takes his books out of his backpack with some candy for himself. It is weird to see an athlete eat so much candy because my brother and Dallas have a strict diet when it is playoff season. They keep themselves off alcohol and junk food for quite a while then.

"We talked about that before, Brynn. You find every single thing that I do nice." I take a sour candy while scrunching my nose. "I have honestly no idea how you can like those so much. They are not even that good."

"I don't judge your snacks, Mason, so don't judge mine." Pointing one of them at him, he starts to chuckle because I am quite protective over my sour candy. Not one single person I have met likes it. It has its perks since no one asks to share my candy with them which I don't like to do.