16. Ugly mugs

Brynn is still asleep on the couch while I try to get off it

Brynn is still asleep on the couch while I try to get off it. It is hard not to make any sound but I don't want to wake her up. She looks so peaceful sleeping on the couch holding the blanket so tight like her life depends on it.

It wasn't the best sleep I got since my neck is sore from falling asleep sitting. I wanted Brynn to lay good on the couch so I let her fall asleep on my lap. And I told myself not to stay over but I guess I fell asleep watching the last movie.

Not that I am complaining.

"It is cute seeing you tippling around not wanting to wake her up." Maya stands in the kitchen holding a cup of coffee between her hands. She just woke up but I didn't even hear her so she probably did everything in silence not wanting us to wake up. "Never thought I would see a big guy trying to do that in my life."

"Not even my one-night stands care about that. They always wake up Brynn and Davina who aren't happy about all that noise so early in the morning." She hands me a cup that has 'not my cup of tea' on it with some ugly drawings. Apparently those girls love to paint their mugs seeing the whole collection.

"Davina and Brynn love painting their mugs ugly. Or well, they just don't have any creativity in their bones if you ask me." She looks pleased when I take a sip from the coffee while getting beside her. It gives me a perfect view of Brynn who is cuddling the pillow close to her stomach. "But that is for the best, otherwise I would be the useless one in the group."

Maya is the creative one. Brynn the athletic one. Davina is probably the meanest.

"It is ugly but don't tell her that. And especially not to Davina because she might kill me if she knows." Maya laughs while keeping herself busy making breakfast for both of us. "Davina is all bark but she doesn't bite. She cares about Brynn a lot and that is the reason why she is so protective over her. She sees her as the sister she never had."

"You don't want to cross her when you hurt someone she cares about but especially Brynn. She is willing to do anything to that person because she can't take away the pain that someone is feeling" She hands me a plate with pancakes and some blueberries. "She even cares about me even though she won't say that."

"I am sure that she is willing to punch someone if they hurt you. I even would do that and I don't know you that well." She places her own pancakes on the table while putting syrup on top of them. "Well that is nice of you. I will remember it when next time someone wants to punch me."

"Oh you want me for the physical part and Davina for the verbal part." She sticks her middle finger up because she is too busy eating her pancakes. "I forgot to ask you the last time but when do you need me to be your model? I am free after practice the whole week but that means late at night or early in the morning."

She looks shocked that I still remember her asking me to be her model. I was actually hoping she would forget but since I need a new suit I need her. It would make it a whole lot easier since I don't want to spend money on a suit again. It costs too much money that I would rather spend somewhere else. Or on someone else.