7. Male model

Jogging up the stairs, I get met with a lot of staring eyes

Jogging up the stairs, I get met with a lot of staring eyes. People clearly have never seen a guy enter this apartment complex because they look at me like I am a rare creature. I am starting to feel like one when they start to whisper to each other.

"Can you all just stop staring at me." I don't even ask them because I just want them to stop staring. "Live your life and stop looking for rumors to be spread around. It is pretty pathetic if the only thing you care about is this."

Knocking a few times on Brynn's door, my palms start to sweat. I don't really ask girls out because I genuinely have never really liked any. I am easily bored and don't get me wrong but some of the girls I have talked with are just plain boring.

Not once has a girl caught my attention. And for some wicked reason from above, Brynn is the one who caught my attention. Just the kind of girl that I shouldn't go out with because she gets under my skin. Something that no one has ever done before.

"Are you going to keep staring or get inside?" Getting pulled out of my own thoughts, I am met with a red-haired girl. She doesn't look pleased by my presence and it is refreshing.

It takes some time to remember her name but it is not impossible. Davina is the girl who Dallas kept looking at when we were at the party. But she didn't even glance at him once. I do vaguely remember her calling him stupid because he has nothing interesting to say.

It took me a lot of strength not to laugh at them at that moment.

"I am only here to pick up Brynn. We have a soccer gala tonight." She opens the door wider so I can get inside. And the first thing I smell is all kinds of candles. And all of them are different but for some reason, they fit together. "I am aware of that. Maya is just helping her get ready for tonight."

"She can't say no to Maya when it comes to letting her show off the dresses she makes. Maya believes that one of the women is going to ask Brynn about the dress she is wearing and who designed it." It takes me a while to register her words because I am looking around their apartment. "She wants to market her dresses and Brynn is too nice to say no to her."

I didn't know it was possible to have a place that feels so welcoming. The scent of the candles, blankets, and pillows everywhere makes you feel at home. I just know that Maya was responsible for most of this. Because the girl in front of me could care less about making people feel welcome at their place.

Brynn on the other hand probably only said no when she didn't want something. Or that is what I assume since I haven't known her for so long. But it feels like I know her better than anyone else.

"Is that your way of telling me that I should say something to Maya about the dress? Should I compliment it?" I don't even have the time to say something because the door of someone's bedroom gets unlocked.

"Davina will say no to that but I happily accept any compliment." Maya starts to smile at me when she sees the disappointment on my face. Brynn is not getting out of that room which means another minute with those two.