9. Running away from my problems

Running has always helped me to clear my mind

Running has always helped me to clear my mind. I forget about all the worries in my head and run away from my problems just for a bit. It is always something that I do alone because Davina finds any sort of sport exhausting and Maya is just too tired to wake up early with me.

I am a morning person who loves to run in the morning which means that I have to run alone every single morning. I am not entirely mad about it because the girls probably would talk to me and that changes the whole point of running my worries away.

I have become a master of ignoring my problems. I try to avoid them for as long as I can.

I make sure that my zipper is closed so I can easily take off my jacket when it gets too hot. And close the door slowly behind me so I don't wake up Maya who would literally murder me if I woke her up earlier than eight o'clock. She isn't a morning person and I am quite sure she isn't even a person if she doesn't get her coffee directly when she wakes up.

That also means that I didn't have any breakfast because I don't want to make too much noise in our apartment. It isn't the biggest apartment and the walls are quite thin so you hear every single noise. And by that, I mean every single sound that someone makes.

I have heard things that I rather don't hear. But it is what it is.

My AirPods are on high volume once I start to run. I have a playlist especially made for running because it keeps me going. I don't listen to any sad songs when I am running because it would ruin my whole good mood.

There is even a song from a local band here. They mostly do covers but they have one song of their own which I am obsessed with. I would love to listen to it more often but it talks about drugs and alcohol killing your life and I just don't think it is a good song to run on.

But I do know that Davina is obsessed with their music because she puts them on whenever she has the chance. I am quite sure that she has a bit of a crush on one of the singers because she keeps on reminding me that they are soon going to perform in a bar. She needs to go even though it means having to drive for ten hours straight.

I learned through the years that you just have to keep nodding your head with Davina whenever she is in a crisis. I just let her rant to me while I know the band is going to play at the bar close to our college. I even bought tickets for her so she is sure that she is going to see them.

"How can you run so fast without being out of breath?" I almost fall when I see Mason jog in front of me. He is wearing black joggers with a white shirt. It clings to his body because of the sweat and I have to remind myself not to look at him.

We are only pretending to date. And I have been avoiding him. Or well I have been trying too.

But I still cave in when he starts to run a bit faster to keep up with me. He doesn't even bother looking behind him because he is so sure that I will tell him to lookout. And I hate him for knowing that I will do that. He knows me too well.