15. Camera

"The text wasn't meant for you

"The text wasn't meant for you." Brynn has been sneaking glances at me during the movie. I know it because I do the same thing with her but more subtle. She makes a lot of noise whenever she looks at me because the popcorn bowl she has makes a lot of sounds when she moves.

She was on the opposite side of the couch, not too close to me because she clearly doesn't want to give me mixed feelings. But I can tell that she wants to sit closer so during the movie I move closer to her with the excuse that I am a bit tired of practice.

So that is why I am now laying with my head on her lap while she is debating on playing with my hair or not. I can feel her cold fingers on my neck but they don't move further. "I could tell, darling."

Her fingers were as cold as ice and all I want to do is take them and warm them up. I have this constant feeling of wanting to make her feel better and it sucks that she is not feeling good and I can't do a thing. She promised me that she would tell me if her cramps get too bad but I know that she won't tell me.

"But you still decided to come over?" Looking up, I can see in her eyes that she isn't used to someone doing that. I have no idea if her previous boyfriends ever did this but they suck. I just hope that they treated her right because that is what she deserves. Sure I will treat her better but I don't want her to have had shitty boyfriends.

"I was in the shop already. Don't make such a big deal out of it, darling." Her neck turns red with the nickname and it makes my heart beat a bit faster. The edge of my lips lifts up and her finger touches it like she doesn't believe that I am close to smiling again. "I am just not used to someone doing that. Maya or Davina get me stuff when I get my period because they know what it feels like."

"Now you have someone else who would love to help you. You text me and I get the stuff you need." Her finger traces my lips and I don't want to move because that will bring her back to reality. I know that she will feel bad about herself and say that she didn't mean to do that.

"Why are you being so nice to me, Mason?" I close my eyes not wanting this moment to end. I could get used to spending days with Brynn watching movies and doing nothing. Maybe I would get a kiss out of it. But I am taking things slow with her because she isn't good with direct changes.

"You find every single thing that I do nice, Brynn. You should really higher your standards if what I am doing is met with them." She pinches my shoulder and once again I act like I am hurt. It makes her feel better that she can hurt me with her strength which is why I pretend to be hurt.

It is an occurring thing because I pretend to do a lot of things with Brynn. I pretend to date her in front of Connor to make him jealous. But if I am being honest, it isn't really hard to flirt with her in front of him because I do it when he isn't around too. I just want her to realize that he isn't good enough for her.

"My standards are already higher because of the books I read." Her fingers finally get into my hair and she starts to play with it. It takes a lot of strength not to groan because of how good it feels. And all that we do makes us look like a couple and I like it way more than I want to.