22. Barnes and noble

The coffee shop is full of students wanting to get their coffee orders before they go to the library

The coffee shop is full of students wanting to get their coffee orders before they go to the library. Most of them are just like me and thought that the semester was a few weeks longer but the end was almost there and the assignments don't write themselves. I am quite sure that I even saw people order a few cups of coffee for themselves alone so they have enough caffeine for the rest of the morning.

And I couldn't blame them because I was doing the same thing. I have been sitting at this coffee shop at the table close to the counter. It has been hard to concentrate because there were a lot of people talking about juicy stuff that I felt like I needed to know so I could tell it later to Maya and Davina.

They have been walking on eggshells around me, not wanting to say something wrong because it has been hard. I am still hurt but I guess that there is nothing else that I can do than what I have been doing. Trying to talk to him and sending him a few messages. Which I started doing again yesterday because Connor told me that there is a chance he likes me.

He is still not talking to Connor and ignoring him the whole time during practice. It is a sign that maybe he likes me more than he is willing to admit. So, I am not going to give up but for today I need to do something else than lock myself in my room and read romance books.

I actually need to get out of the house and do something. So that is what I did which leads me to the coffee shop.

"You are Brynn, right?" Looking up, I am met with the auburn hair that helped me find Maya. Or well, she tried but failed miserably. "That is me. But I am not lost this time or well, not yet. That might happen once I walk out of here."

She points at the chair in front of me and I simply nod my head. She is not wearing her ballet clothes but it is similar to it. Some black leggings with a cropped hoodie and even then she looks pretty. I guess that she has this whole natural look going on.

"I have been wanting to talk to you. Or well, I actually want to know if you are feeling better after what happened at the catwalk." She is playing with her cup of coffee while I close my laptop because I am not going to get any job done.

"I have been better but I am doing okay." She slowly tilts her head right, not believing my word because I am not doing okay. Sure I have been better but today has been a hard day. Normally, I would have been looking at the guys' practice but I have stopped doing that because it is better not to see him too much.

It hurts to see him.

"What is your name actually? You never told me." She blushes and I can tell that she is as innocent as she looks. She might have a big mouth but I am sure that she just doesn't think before she says something. That doesn't mean she isn't awkward afterward. I saw her blush when Connor winked at her. She almost fell.

"I am not used to this, fuck." She plays with the end of her hair. "I am Violet and I am socially incapable of making friends." She holds her hand out for me and it is the first time that someone does that but it is cute.