6. Practice is hell

Practice is going to be hell

Practice is going to be hell. Watch my words.

"Are you guys putting on make-up or something? Get your ass out of the locker room." I cover my ass, even though it is covered with my underwear when coach enters the locker room. She does not care one bit about our asses being bare because she warns us all the time she enters. "I need your asses on the court in two minutes. Every minute that passes means another lap."

"You heard the woman, be ready so you don't need to run another lap. Practice is already going to be hell so don't make it worse for yourself." Only the older guys follow Dallas out of the locker room.

Most of the guys aren't a fan of the new coach since she is a woman. She made it obvious that she is going to change the team captain. That is the only reason why Dallas is being so nice toward her. He thinks that he can become team captain if he acts nice.

What he doesn't know is that it won't work with her. I did some research and she isn't easily influenced by how nice you are or how much money you have. She just cares about how good you can make the team.

Good for me because I suck at being nice.

"Start with your laps already so they think they have to run more." She doesn't even look up from her click board. She just knows that we will do whatever she tells us to do. The woman is scary in so many ways that I am not even sure she has ever smiled in her life before.

I think she might be incapable of doing so. I don't even know that it is possible.

"Scott, what is your intention with Brynn?" Dallas starts to run beside me. I have been waiting for him to talk to me like a decent person instead of glaring at me. Even though, I like the glaring more than the talking.

"I don't think that you want to know what I have planned for her." It sounds way too sexual once it leaves my mouth. 

"But if you really want to know, I was just helping her out. Keeping an eye on her because she was alone with Justin in the pool." It is not a complete lie since I have heard the stories about him. He likes to act all nice but he is far from it.

"That is not how it looked." Running faster makes him go faster too. I thought the conversation was done once he knew my side of the story. "You were flirting with her. And don't say it isn't true, I have fucking eyes."

"Think whatever you want, dude. I don't really care." He starts to speed up when I do it. Again. He wants to keep this conversation going even though I really don't want to. I don't need to hear anything more about her or that party.

I want to focus on practice so I get on the radar of coach. I want her to see how good I am and how I can make this team even better. Don't get me wrong, they are good but they could be better. They just need someone as their team captain who actually cares about winning and doesn't do it because he gets girls.