13. Love

"But dad doesn't want to come over and visit you

"But dad doesn't want to come over and visit you." My little niece is holding the phone close to her face while my older brother is shaking his head. I am quite sure that I saw a few grey hairs growing by how much she likes to tease her father. "I never said such a thing, Audrey. Don't lie to your aunt."

"I am not lying." She sticks her tongue out while I try not to laugh. It is hard when I have never seen my older brother like this. He is the first one with a child and he has no clue how to do a single thing. I remember him calling mom every single time Audrey did something. Our family group chat is full of videos of her doing the most simple things.

None of us complain about it because it is the cutest thing in the world. Even Davina asks me daily if she can see a video of Audrey because she adores her. My brother isn't the biggest fan of letting Davina babysit because she learns Audrey how to stand up for herself. Which has led to a few discussions about her not eating something because she doesn't want to.

"Let me talk to your aunt Brynn. I haven't seen her in a while and I need to ask her some important questions." My oldest brother, Elias, might not look intimidating but he for sure is. He does not care one bit about a guy being taller or stronger than him. He will fight them if they do something to his family. "But I want to talk to aunty."

"Yes, I also want to talk to my princess and not you." I stick my tongue out hoping no one on the field can see me. I am quite sure that some of them would look weird to me because I am normally focused on the field. "I am going to die young with the two of you."

Elias doesn't even take his phone from Audrey who is smiling brightly at me now. She damn well knows he does anything for her. She could ask him to dress up as a princess and he would do that. I am so sure about it because he has already done it for her when she was younger.

Dallas has a picture of them together because he wants to use it for blackmail but Elias doesn't care. He knows that people will adore him if they see how much he loves his daughter so Dallas can't use it. And believe me, he is mad that he can't use anything against Elias because he has quite a lot of confidence.

"How is dance going? Could you show me some of the moves you learned?" Audrey puts the phone on the table and starts to twirl around. My heart can't take how cute she is and makes my baby's wish grow a bit bigger each time I see her.

"When you visit me, you have to show me how to do those." She smiles brightly at me while showing some other moves. She is trying her best to show me her full routine while I can see the girls on the field warming up.

I couldn't ignore the phone call of my brother again. He has been calling me a lot and it is mostly Audrey wanting to talk but I just never had the time to pick up. She always called whenever I got on the field or when my class started. But I picked up today because I felt guilty for not calling back.

"I will convince dad to visit you, aunty." She gets back to the phone and I let a little smile form on my face. "And I know that it is going to work because you can get anything. Remember the words of aunt Davina anything is possible if you do your best."