Chapter 18

"Life changing?" I ask Teddy in the elevator before biting into my croissant, she, Arizona and I are all in the elevator and she is telling us all about her night with Mark

"Life changing?" I ask Teddy in the elevator before biting into my croissant, she, Arizona and I are all in the elevator and she is telling us all about her night with Mark. "Life-changing, earth-shattering." Teddy explains "point is, he's a legend for a reason. He has skills that I never even knew existed. It was like there was a party going on." I snort, crossing my arms "sounds about right." and Arizona shoots me a look. I shrug "what?" I ask "I have had sex with him too ya know." She wrinkles up her nose and I laugh.

The elevator doors ding open and our laughing stops as Owen gets in. "Morning." He greets sounding oddly cheerful, we all greet him back but things get a little awkward. We ride the elevator in silence until it stops at another floor and he gets out, we all say goodbye. "He's always so grumpy." Arizona muses, Teddy rests her head on the wall "he's going through something." She says "and Cristina doesn't get it. She can't, which isn't her fault. But I do get it and I can't be there for him. And that's..... that's really hard."

I nod my head "but you're seeing Mark." Arizona firms and Teddy repeats it sadly. I clear my throat and check my phone. I have a dirty text from Jackson along with a picture of him in the shower "what are you blushing at?" Teddy asks changing the subject and I show them the texts. They both whistle and Teddy says "I never expected that from him." Arizona snorts and looks at the photo a little longer "I did, look at those blue eyes. You can tell he is the type just by looking into those." We all laugh, the mood picking up a lot more.

On the way to my rounds I bump into Alex "woah!" I say clutching his arm to keep from falling, he clutches my waist quickly and a spark of electricity jolts through me which I try to ignore. He isn't in scrubs which means it's his day off and I ask "what are you doing here on your day off? Haven't you got somewhere better to be?" He drops his hands and steps away from me "my brother needs surgery, I just went to see Bailey, see if she can do it Pro Bono." I raise my brows "Aaron is here?" He told me all about his siblings when we were together. I guess I never forgot.

Alex nods, scratching the back of his head "yeah and the stupid idiot doesn't have insurance." I suck in a breath "are you ok?" He pauses for a moment before nodding "yeah, just. The idiot doesn't have life insurance." He shakes his head and walks over. As he walks past me I catch a wiff of his aftershave, I close my eyes and inhale for a moment before mentally cursing myself. But Damn he smells good.

I walk around the corner to Bailey standing between Alex and someone who I'm guessing is his brother, both of them bleeding "what the hell is your problem?" Aaron asks and Alex snaps back loudly "you are!" Meredith is holding him back as his brother shouts "you hitting people now too? You really did turn into dad!" Meredith shoots me a look that asks for help and I rush over to them.

I grab Alex's wrist "Alex." I say softly "let's go." I watch as he clenches his jaw but let's me drag him away. I find an empty room, on the way grabbing things to help clean him up. "I'm fine Andy." He says but I just push him onto an empty patient bed "you are not fine and I'm going to clean you up." I say. I work in silence dabbing his nose gently and getting rid of the blood "what happened?" I approach cautiously. Alex scratches his arm as I continue to work on his face "he was just talking a bunch of crap about me and Izzie. How I walked out on her just like dad."

I pause, my hand raised mid air "you didn't walk out in Izzie." I say firmly "she walked out on you." He nods and I tut "keep still." He smiles gently and my heart stutters at the sight "I did walk out on her though." He says "not physically but emotionally yeah." I finish cleaning him up and step away but he grabs me by the wrist "Alex." I say but he doesn't reply, bringing me closer to him again "I think apart of me will always love you Andy." He says. I open my mouth to reply bur he cuts me off by connecting his lips to mine.

I kiss him deeply, wrapping my arms around his neck, his arms are around my waist. When I realise what I'm doing I pull away, stepping back "Alex." I breathe "I'm with Jackson, we can't." He scoffs, leaning back on the bed "you don't really like him." He says and I frown, crossing my arms over my chest "I do Alex and if you have any respect or love for me you would allow me to be happy. Which I am. With Jackson." Alex bites his lip and I look away.

"Fine." He says coldly "whatever." And storms past me and out of the room.

That night, I lay in bed with Jackson. He is reading something. I am looking up at the white ceiling "Alex kissed me today." I say biting the inside of my cheek nervously. Jackson stops what he is doing and sets his book in his lap "thank you for telling me." I turn over and look up at him, he has his hand in the book keeping his page but his eyes are trained on me.

"That's it?" I ask and he nods, I sit up and run a hand through my hair "yeah, why wouldn't it be?" He replies and I shrug. I place my hands under the warm covers "I guess I expected you to be upset." He shifts so he is closer to me in the bed, his leg pressed against my own "you told me, you didn't have to but you did. That means it didn't mean anything." I nod tapping his thigh innocently. He smiles and leans towards me "I'll show you just how grateful I am that you told me." He whispers even though there is no one else to hear.

I squeal as I am suddenly pulled under him. The book laying discarded on the floor.