Chapter 59

We get back home from dinner and the atmosphere is weird

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

We get back home from dinner and the atmosphere is weird. We don't speak and I can't tell whether he is happy about this or not. I take my time getting undressed and Alex calls from downstairs "I'm going out." I open my mouth to reply but he doesn't give me the chance as the door slams shut. I sigh and rest my head in my hands, I feel like I have made a mistake with revealing I'm pregnant before asking Alex how he thought about being a dad. I guess I just assumed he would want it as much as I would.

I climb into bed, my mood souring as I wonder where Alex is. WHat's running through his mind right now? God I feel so stupid. I roll over and place a hand on my stomach. If Alex doesn't want this child then I would get an abortion, I want a big family but I don't want one if Alex doesn't want it. I can make that sacrifice if it means being with him forever. I just with he would come back so we can talk about it. All I can think right now though is, What have I done?

Alex's POV

I feel as though my whole body is freezing up. I don't know what to do or where to go. Since Andy announced she was pregnant I have been floating in a sort of limbo, unsure of how I'm feeling. As soon as I place a name to the feeling it doesn't feel right. I drive towards Meredith's house, I know she is probably busy with Derek since it is Valentine's Day but I don't know who else to go to.

I park and walk up to the door. I knock on it and Meredith appears. She spots me through the glass in the door and frowns as she opens it. "Alex?" She asks and I stuff my hands in my pockets "sorry if I'm interrupting." I say clearing my throat "I didn't know who else to talk to." The blonde gives me a concerned look before letting me inside.

I follow her to the living room which is surprisingly empty despite the people who still live here. "Is this a drinking problem?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders, completely drained. Meredith sighs and grabs a bottle anyway. "What's wrong?" She asks me and I run a hand through my hair nervously "Andy is pregnant." I answer which makes Meredith almost choke on her drink.

"This is good news." She says "right?" I fall back against the sofa in defeat, looking at the bottle of beer in my hands "I uh- I don't know." I admit and my friend looks at me expectantly so I explain "you know my family history. You know the things I could pass onto this child, all the crazy. It's not fair, to either Andy or the baby."

Meredith hits me on the shoulder and I frown "what was that for?" I ask rubbing the spot where she hit me. "Remember when I was feeling doubt about being Zola's mother?" She asks me seriously and I nod my head, still clutching my shoulder "and remember how you told me how stupid I was being, and how I wasn't going to be like my mother?" I nod slowly again.

She hits me again "listen to your own advice." She snaps "you have a good thing with Andy, you don't want to mess that up because you'll just go back to being the same douchbag you were before you met her." I sigh heavily because she's right. I have been so stupid and my reaction has probably caused Andy to hate me.

"I have a lot of grovelling to do." I admit more to myself than to anyone else. Another voice joins our conversation "you will have to do a lot more than grovel if you want back in her good graces Karev." Both Meredith and I look over to see Derek standing in the door way, eyes firmly on me. I swallow hard, feeling the threat in his eyes "you can stay on our couch tonight." He says throwing me a blanket "because I know Andy won't let you back in bed. But I don't want to see you here tomorrow." I shake my head rapidly "no sir."

The two them go upstair leaving me alone on the couch. I suck in a deep breath as I lay down. What have I done?

A/N: I have picked my direction! Sorry this is a short update but I needed to set up my new story line :) b

Hell's Angel जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें