Chapter 86

Meredith Grey had her baby during the storm and it was very intense, and I apologise to my friend for not being there for him and he almost instantly forgives me

Meredith Grey had her baby during the storm and it was very intense, and I apologise to my friend for not being there for him and he almost instantly forgives me. I am Bailey Shepherd's godmother and I am over the moon about it. And apparently, Arizona cheated on Callie which is absolutely insane because they were so in love. The next day at the hospital was manic, Brookes and Webber got electrocuted. Richard almost died and Brookes did. Everyone in the hospital is heart broken, including Derek. He was training her as the next neurosurgeon generation and feels personally responsible that she didn't make it.

I am sitting, Willow in my arms, on my sofa as Callie sits next to me. Sofia is sitting and playing with a toy on the floor, quite content. "It just always comes back to that damned leg!" She says angrily, clutching a glass of wine. We are sharing a bottle between us, Alex and Jo have gone back to the hospital to help out. Well, Jo is going back to be with her friends. I sigh, looking down at my beautiful daughter, she wiggles, trying to get out of my grip and so I let her go. She slips onto the floor and starts to wobble around unsteadily. "It's not something you can just get over." I tell my friend "She lost something important to her and you are the one who made that decision, even if she forgave you, which she obviously did. A part of her will always hate that the decision was made and associate you with it." Callie sits back as our daughters start to interact with each other.

"But that doesn't mean she should cheat." Callie argues and I shake my head, sipping my drink before responding "Of course not! I am just saying that the leg is always going to be something between you that you can't patch. Which is why she keeps bringing it up." Callie bites her lip, looking down at our children playing together. "Do you ever wonder how messed up we are making these kids?" She asks.

I scoff and drain my glass of wine, grabbing the bottle to refill it "all the damn time. I mean how many times have I run away with Willow? Poor girl doesn't know what stable is." Callie shakes her head, elbows resting on her legs now. "No I mean, do they look at our relationships? I don't want Sofia growing up thinking it's okay to cheat just because her mum did it! I mean, we'll have to tell her about Mark eventually and how are we gonna do that? Well here's the thing Sofia, one mum is a giant slut and the other is a cheater."

I sigh, realising this will probably need more drinks than we currently have, I call mine and Alex's babysitter. She agrees to take the kids for a few hours while I take Callie out.

-

The two of us are dressed up. Callie in a stunning red dress, her hair in dark curls. While I am in a tight black one, that reaches the my mid thigh with my hair in a ponytail. We walk into a bar and head straight for the bar. "Two tequila's please." Callie orders before grinning at me "thanks for this Andy, I really need it."

I smile and pick up the shot the bartender places in front of us "of course." I reply "I haven't gone out properly in ages." After we have done our shot we head to the dance floor and start to dance. The songs are good and the club isn't too busy which gives us plenty of room to dance crazily.

We head to the bar for more shots and then real drinks. We then head to a booth and slide into it, surveying the room around us. "If I got with someone else tonight, do you think it would make me a bad person? I mean, me and Arizona are basically done, right?" Callie asks me, catching me off guard. As much as I love Callie, I could never support her cheating so I say "I wouldn't Cal, two wrongs don't make a right. Plus you are still married, that hasn't changed." She sighs and sips her drink so I quickly change the subject.

"That intern, Jo. She fancies Alex." I say, Callie goes wide eyed but shuffles closer. "She thinks I don't see the doe-eyed looks she flashes him at home, I mean I let her live with us and she wants to jump in bed with him. I'm insane." I start to giggle, the alcohol getting to me. Callie scoffs and drinks the rest of her cup "you've got more strength than me." She admits "if I ever see the woman Arizona cheated on me with again. I'd kill her."

Another good song comes on then and I drag Callie to the dance floor. I am not wasting our night talking about the things that got us here in the first place.

-

Later that night, or earlier that morning depending on how you look at things. Callie and I collapse into Alex's car, he looks annoyed which makes me laugh because in my drunken state everything is funny. "Good night?" He asks as we make our way back to our place, Callie leans forward from where she is sitting in the back and says "your wife is so amazing. Like she is literally a goddess. Don't ever cheat on her."

Alex raises his eyebrows to me and I slur "Arizona cheated on Callie." He nods and we finally pull up to our house. He first helps Callie in and onto the sofa before coming back for me.

"You're so handsome." I say as we stumble inside. "I like your face." I add and I notice Alex trying not to smile "I like your face too." He says which causes me to giggle increasingly before I fall onto the bed. "Oooo." I say and Alex rolls his eyes. He starts to strip me and I say "gonna have your way with me Dr Karev?" He scoffs and rolls me over before tucking me into bed.

He climbs in and turns off the light "not tonight Mrs Karev." I try to push him off the bed with little success. "It's Doctor Tearney to you mister." He chuckles and wraps his arms around me. Soon darkness invades.