Chapter 20

I've been back a couple of days, Jackson has updated me on everything I missed

I've been back a couple of days, Jackson has updated me on everything I missed. Apparently Mark slept with Reed and Lexie is now with Alex. Good for them honestly. As I walk across the bridge at the top of the hospital I stop when I see Derek "Andy!" He says spotting me as well "you're back." I smile and bring him in for a hug "yeah I'm back." I reply. We stay close as he asks "how's the family?" I snort and step back "terrible as always, never letting up the endless questions. How was the lawsuit?" He sucks in a breath and leans on the railing "not great, I wish I could have done more for him." I pat him on the back gently "there was nothing more to be done."

My pager goes off and I sigh "pit, I'll see you later." Derek nods and I walk off. Honestly the trip to see my family wasn't bad, chaotic and crazy but good. Ava has grown so much, I honestly can't believe how big she's gotten. I get to the pit and Arizona is already there "I've got this." She says and I nod.

I spot Jackson and I go over to him, a smirk plastered on both of our faces "hey." I say and he leans on the wall "hey, you alright?" He asks and I nod. He kisses my forehead "I'll see you later?" I ask and he nods. I saunter away back up to my floor.

"Hey Stacy how are you?" I ask going into a 7 year old girl's room "I'm good Doctor Tearney." She replies beaming brightly up at me. I smile and check her chart "that's what I like to hear, it seems like your incision has healed nicely so I can let you go home today." The girl cheers and her parents laugh. I smile again and walk out, heading for the nurses station.

I lean over the desk and I give Nurse Pam a sweet look "could you get discharge papers for room 7404?" I ask and she sighs, pushing away from her desk on her wheely chair "yes but only because you asked nicely." I chuckle and watch as she walks away. I have a good relationship with the nurses on this floor, we all respect each other and only order each other around when necessary. Plus I remember to bring them in chocolate and cookies every once in a while. I'm surprised none of the other surgeons have picked up that trick.

I check my other charts as Pam comes back "oh and room 7293 needs his meds uped." She glares at me but I smile back sweetly knowing she doesn't mean it. She takes the chart in exchange for the papers and head back to Stacy's room.

Arizona and I work silently side by side on paperwork when the door to the rest of the hospital opens revealing Callie. I glance between the two before going back to my work. "Can you page the younger Doctor Grey for me please?" Arizona asks one of the nurses sweetly "tell her to get my appy moving." The nurse holds up a finger to her as she listens to someone on the phone.

She puts the phone down and says "we're on lockdown." I look up then and tilt my head "what? Why?" Callie sighs and joins our conversation with a heavy "come on." Arizona scoffs, putting her pen in her pocket "it's a joke right?" She asks "it's a drill or something?" But everyone's pagers start going off and my heart starts racing. "Ok." Arizona says looking at the message "it's no joke."