Chapter 36

"Karev,  I need to go

"Karev, I need to go." I say jumping out of the shower, Alex follows right behind me "do you?" He asks grabbing my waist and pulling me into him. He leans into my neck and kisses it gently "are you sure?" I sigh and lean into him, my whole body resting on his now "maybe I could spare a few more minutes." I say. Alex grins and in one solid movement manages to pick me up.

I squeal and wrap my legs around his waist pulling him in for a deep kiss. He walks is over to the bed and drops me on it "we'll need more than a few minutes for what I wanna do right now." He says with a smirk before unleashing himself on me.

-

At work I sit in the attending's lounge with a mirror in front of me and I am hiding my new hickeys (thanks Karev) with concealer. "Someone had a good time last night." Teddy says coming in and walking over to the coffee pot. I smile and turn back to my mirror "this morning actually." I correct and Teddy gasps, pouring herself coffee and leaning against the counter.

"This morning?" She asks in disbelief, I nod packing my make up away "twice." Teddy whistles just as Callie and Mark come in. "What are are whistling at?" Callie asks and Teddy brings her cup to her lips "I caught Andy here covering up hickeys, that Karev gave to her." Dramatic pause "this morning."

Mark holds out his hand and i high five him "how do you find the time?" Teddy asks taking a seat at the table that I am sitting at "I can barely manage a date every three weeks with my schedule." I shrug, clutching my own mug of coffee in my hands. Mark and Callie join us as I say "honestly, I don't know. I guess we are just so in love that we make time for each other."

Callie pulls a face and goes "aweeee." I roll my eyes and hit her playfully "alright, alright no teasing." I say giving her a pointed look "honestly, things are just so great with me and Alex, I couldn't imagine not seeing him." Mark shifts in his seat before testing his elbows on the table "it helps that the live together." I nod and bring my cup up to my lips "there's that too." I say.

"I see the way he looks at you though." Teddy says giving me an intense look "he looks at you as though he would destroy the world for you." I sit back and look at my coffee cup, not knowing what to say. Callie snorts "that's because he probably would. I've never seen Alex act the way he does with you, with anyone else. You make him less of an asshole." I laugh and stand up, pushing my chair back "alright, enough of this love talk. I'm going to work."

-

It's Callie's baby shower, I arrive and hand her my gift "awe thank you." She says not even looking inside, instead just embracing me and taking the gift over to the table. "How are things with the baby?" I ask motioning to her bump which is getting bigger now as time moves one. "Good!" She answers enthusiastically "my OB says everything is going fine." I squeeze her hand and share a bright smile with her "that's great Cal, really."

Other people start entering so she  goes to greet them while I make my way over to the onesie decorating station. I find Alex there and wrap my arms around his middle, my head resting on his broad back. "Hey you." He says turning his head to look at me, I look up at him and smile "hey." I come round beside him and start decorating my own onesie.