𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸

𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚊'𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚊'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

The door of Amelia's room opened and I saw the familiar face of the British guy. He rolled his suitcase after him and placed it against the wall. I was sitting next to the bed in the plastic chair. Amelia in the middle of the room. Her arms laying next to her body and her eyes closed. She looked almost dead but you could see her stomach go up and down. Lando walked towards the brunette and took her hand in his own. He gentle picked it up and placed a kiss on her knuckles. This is what love looked like to me. They were always around when something was wrong with the other person but they kept their promise that their competitions would go first. Well for Amelia the big and important ones like national championship selections or something. For him all race weekends. He placed her hand down again and rubbed her hand softly with his thumb. He was worried about her. You could see it easily. His brows were a little bit in a frown as his eyes looked a little hurt or maybe sad. His body wasn't as energetic as normal but looked a little tired but that could also be from the race and traveling. He sat down on the chair next to her bed and held her hand rubbing his thumb up and down her knuckles. A doctor came into the room and took Amelia with him so they could run some more exams. In hope they would find out more. Lando looked after Amelia being rolled out and sighed.

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

5 days... it's been 5 days since Amelia her accident and 5 days since I last heard her voice. Nica had been traveling back with the horses leaving me with Amelia. I haven't left her room and staid here overnight. I used the attached bathroom to shower etc in hope I would see her wake up again. I was sitting in one of the uncomfy plastic chairs and the door opened. A doctor walked in and looked at me.

Doctor: "we've got the exams back from yesterday."

Lando: "and?"

Doctor: "there is a 50% chance that her arms aren't paralyzed and a 20% chance that her legs aren't paralyzed."

Lando: "that's good... right?"

Doctor: "definitely. She should also wake up in a few hours. If she's not awake before midnight you should get one of the doctor's."

I gave her a nod before she left the room. I took Amelia her hand and laid it against my cheek. Her soft hands were warm on my skin. They always were. I loved this feeling so so much. But even more of she would rub her thumb over my cheek. It made me relax. I relaxed under all of her touches. Even a single pet over my hair. I placed a kiss on the palm of her hand before I laid her hand again. I looked at her face while rubbing my thumb over her stomach.

Amelia: "that tickles."

Lando: Lia?"

Amelia: "hi."

Lando: "hey..."

Amelia: "where am I?"

Lando: "in the hospital..."

Amelia: "hospital?"

Lando: "you had a nasty fall of Sten."

Amelia: "right... the Olympics."

Lando: "are you alright?"

Amelia: "I'm good. Can we go? I have to ride the horses at home if I'm not competing anyway."

Lando: "I don't know if you can ride..."

Amelia: "of course I can. I just need to get out of this hospital. Nothing much."

Lando: "Lia... you uhm... you might be paralyzed..."

Amelia: "forever?"

Lando: "temporarily... they think."

Amelia: "where?"

Lando: "maybe one of your arms and your legs."

Amelia: "what?"

Lando: "I'm sorry."

Amelia: "so I'm not aloud to ride for a while."

Lando: "no... Nica and I were thinking you might want to go to races with me? To get some time off? I can easily help you then."

Amelia: "no that's alright. I'll just stay in the apartment. I can at least see the horses there."

Lando: "Lia... I want you there... please? It's good to take a break and I want to see you. I want to see that your doing better or that you're not overworking it."

Amelia: "okay..."

Lando: "okay?"

Amelia: "okay."

Lando: "okay..."

A soft smile played on her lips. I smiled at her face as her eyes were opened a tiny bit. I placed a kiss on her forehead before I went out of the room and got a doctor to check her up. We came to the conclusion that her legs are paralyzed and her arms are good. It was a relief for both of us. We talked for a long while and I even showed her her fall. She understood why I was scared as it was definitely not any fall. It was soon time for dinner and she pushed herself up a little so she could eat her food. She placed some pasta on her fork and brought it to her mouth she chewed on it and then swallowed it. I was just smiling at her as I held my plait in my hand.

Amelia: "what? Is there something on my face?"

Lando: "no... just happy that you're talking again."

Amelia: "good now eat something."

Lando: "okay but I didn't miss bossy you."

Amelia: "good."

I chuckled softly as we both ate our food in silence. I had to go to England tomorrow for 3 days and then I would fly back to France to pick up Lia for the next race in Miami. I finished my plate and was still looking at Amelia as she finished her last bite.

Lando: "I've to go to England tomorrow..."

Amelia: "really? That's alright."

Lando: "are you sure?"

Amelia: "yea of course. I'll see you in Miami then?"

Lando: "no I'll fly back to France after 3 days and then we can go together to Miami."

Amelia: "that's sweet but I really can fly by myself."

Lando: "nope not happening."

Amelia: "okay fine."

I placed a kiss on her hair before I disappeared into the bathroom.

(1016 words/2 gifs)