𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘'𝚜  𝚙𝚘𝚟

𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟

We had finally arrived in Miami. Amelia was sitting in her wheelchair as I pushed her around for most parts. Sometimes she rolled herself around which she didn't mind but I did. I pushed her to the luggage claim and placed her wheelchair somewhere where she could sit nicely. I found our suitcases quickly and soon we went to the hotel. We went up with the elevator and as soon as we arrived in the hotel Amelia pulled herself onto the bed with some difficulties. She managed too but it wasn't easy for her to do so. I unpacked some of the things before I helped Amelia change into her pyjama's. We both went to sleep. I held her close on my arms and placed a few kisses on her hair as she had her arms wrapped around me and her eyes slowly closed. She fell asleep while I softly caressed her hair. I planted one more kiss on her soft hair before I also closed my eyes.

Some noises woke me up. I opened my eyes and rubbed them before turning my head to look to the other side of the bed. Lia was trying to climb into her wheelchair at 4:27AM.

Lando: "what are you doing love?"

Amelia: "going to the bathroom. You can sleep again if you want."

I climbed out of the bed and pushed the wheelchair a little bit away I picked Amelia up in bridal style and brought her to the bathroom. I set her down on the toilet and waited around the corner so she could bring her own pants down etc in peace.

Amelia: "I'm done."

I walked back inside and picked her up again. She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned her head against my shoulder before I laid her back into the bed gently. I pulled the duvet over her body and I kissed her forehead before walking over to the other side of the bed and I laid down myself.

Amelia: "thank you liebe."

Lando: "your welcome... sleep well okay."

Amelia: "you too."

She laid on her stomach with her head on my chest. I rubbed her back softly before we both fell asleep again before my alarm went off to help us get into the new time here and make the jetlag less.

𝟹  𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜  𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Amelia had been training hard with John to get her back on standing on her own buts she still didn't reach it. I was in my last interview for today and then we would fly out to Germany. After 3 months I decided it was time to go see the horses again. She missed them lots and I didn't want her to wait much longer. I said bye to Natalie from sky sports and walked to John, Amelia and Nick from the media team who was recording me and Amelia for some reason. Amelia smiled widely at me.

Lando: "hey love. What got you all smiley?"

Amelia: "I did it Lando... I can stand a little again. Not long but I can stand a little without help..."

Lando: " ...really?"

John helped Amelia out of her wheelchair and let her find her balance before pulling me closer to help her. She was focused on standing and then grabbed my arms letting me know she couldn't mee it much longer. I wrapped my arms around her waist and picked her off the ground. I wrapped her legs around me as I felt some tears roll down my cheeks. After 3 months she could finally stand a little again.

Lando: "I'm so proud of you."

Amelia: "thank you."

I buried my head into her shoulder as I felt all happy tears roll down my cheek. I felt so proud of her. After 3 months working hard for it she could finally stand again. Now she could finally start the bigger work and get stronger and stronger. We quickly Rounded up everything before we went onto the plane and flew 3 hours to Germany. Nica would pick us up with Jazzy but we didn't tell Lia that yet. I rolled our suitcases as Lia rolled herself around. I nodded into the direction of the chestnut pony who was wearing a hunter green blanket and a pair of hunger green travel bandages.

Amelia: "omg... Jazzy!"

She rolled herself into the direction of the mare who nickered at her voice loudly. She gave the horse a kiss on the nose as she took the leadrope from Nica. She hugged the head of Jazzy as the horse sniffed the girl taking in her scent.

Nica: "welcome home Lia."

Amelia: "thanks Nic. Lan?"

Lando: "yea?"

Amelia: "can you help me?"

She nodded to Jazzy and I immediately knew what she meant. I nodded and helped her out of her wheelchair. She stood next to jazzy as I gave her a push up. She sat down and had the biggest smile ever on her face in months. Nica tied the leadrope to both sides of the halter so Lia could steer Jazzy. Nica rolled the wheelchair around where Lia her jacket and backpack where standing in.

Amelia: "thanks guys. This is what I needed."

Nica: "I think Jazzy needed it as well Ami."

Lia smiled widely at Nica as Jazzy carefully walked around the airport with Amelia on her back. This was indeed what they both needed. They were each other's best friends and they would never let the other behind... they were meant to be. We arrived at the big horse truck from Lia and saw people looking at it before they heard Jazzy her hooves on the floor. They turned their heads and smiled widely at her and Lia. They walked up to her and people started asking them for pictures.

?: "how are you doing Amelia?"

Amelia: "much better. Thanks for asking. I'm covering again and I'm starting to stand on myself again which means that I can start riding a little anytime soon."

?: "really? Wow that's amazing. I miss seeing you in the ring."

Amelia: "I miss being in the ring. We've to go home now it was nice meeting you!"

She waved at the people before they walked away. I helped Lia climb of the chestnut pony before setting her into the truck part. Nica loaded Jazzy and then we put in the wheelchair and suitcases. When we were done we drove to the barn and rode down the driveway. The trees had beautiful green leaves and before w e knew it we came to a stop. I climbed out and got Lia her wheelchair before I took her out. I set her down before Nica handed her Jazzy. She brought the mare to the grooming place and with her wheelchair she pulled off the travel boots off the mare. So well behaved that pony... unbelievable.

(1148 words/2 gifs)