5: Heartslabyul 1

After the headmaster made you and Grim a student in the school, your squad left the office and the exhaustion hit you like a tidal wave. 'No normal person should go through something like this.' You had thought as you talked a bit with Ace and Deuce for a bit, it was mostly them making fun of you for your new status as 'Prefect' since you and Grim are the only residents of the Rackshamble dorm. You kicked them lightly at the thighs for that. Afterward, you headed your separate ways for the night.

You and Grim returned to your dorm, greeted the prankster ghosts, and changed out of your clothes into the ones in the closet, before hitting the bed. Sleep hit you real quick as your consciousness faded. In your dream, you saw a mirror that' was quite similar to the one in your bedroom, before moving closer to see something playing inside. The first thing you saw was a rose bush shaped like a heart surrounded by a tall hedge, playing cards in the form of people singing a tune while painting the roses red.

'Why in the mother of god am I dreaming of Alice in Wonderland?' was your first thought as you continued watching the scene. It was the scene where Alice finds three cards painting the white roses red because they accidentally planted white instead of red ones. You remember it's because the Queen of Hearts loves red roses and if something doesn't goes her way, or doesn't follow her rules, then off with their head.

Quite the tyrannical brat.

When you woke up, you found yourself outside of your room, the door slightly opens revealing a sleeping Grim on the bed. 'That's weird.' You thought. Then, a knock sounded on the door. "Who's awake at this hour?" You questioned tiredly as you stood up and walked downstairs while Grim yells from the room. Once you got to the bottom, you went to the door and opened it. "Hello and why are you at-"

You paused in your sentence as you faced the guest. "Ace. . .what the fuck?"

"Gehgeh!" You heard Grim choke in surprise. "You have a collar!"

Outside was an angry ace, still in his uniform, now with a heart-shaped collar around his neck. It looked very similar to the one from the entrance ceremony. Ace huffed. "I'm never going back to Heartslabyul." He grunted. "Starting today, I'm joining your dorm!" Grim flinched in shock. "Come again!?"

"Hah?"

Once you all settled down, you brought Ace into the living room to explain his situation. You brought water for him just in case. "That's the same collar the red-haired upperclassmen put on me during the entrance ceremony," Grim noted. "Why do you have something like that?" Ace replied, "I ate a tart."

There was a moment of silence.

.

.

.

". . . Again," You finally said, staring at him incredulously. "What the fuck?"

"Don't keep on repeating that!" Ace shouted.

Feeling the rising disbelief on your back, you took a breath before sighing. "Okay," You said. "Let me get this straight. You were punished by that redhead dude. . .for eating a tart? Just a tart?" Ace crossed his arms. "Yup, just that." You blinked in silent disbelief. "Care to explain?" The Heartslabyul student then explained how he got there; arriving at the dorm tired and hungry, to finding three whole tarts in the fridge before taking a piece from one, before the red-head upperclassmen found him before punishing him. Apparently, eating someone else's tarts is a crime in the rules in that dorm.

'Please don't tell me that the upperclassman is some sort of reincarnation of the Queen of Hearts.' You deadpanned at the thought. You looked at Grim, who looked at you in return. No words were spoken, but you understood what he said before turning back to the punished student. "You're both at fault."