26: O-10

Something's wrong, you could feel it.

Photo in hand, you were swimming away from Floyd, who looked honestly grumpy at the tedious chase, when a flash of light brightened the area before it disappeared. You stopped swimming to look at the source. "What was. . ."

"Ah, Deuce! Your anemone is gone!" Ace's voice cried out in surprise.

You turned to see Deuce with no anemone, much to your surprise. You looked at Ace and Grim too and both of their anemones are gone too. If that's the case, then Leona and Ruggie were able to destroy them. So. . .why do you feel uneasy. Your plan went too smoothly, to be honest, you were expecting a bump in the road or something.

"Yay!" you heard Grim cry out. "Leona and Ruggie really came through!"

Jade gasped nearby. "What did you say?"

"What d'ya mean by that?" Floyd asked with a serious tone, looking at you with furrowed brows.

You gripped the photo in your hand as you scoured your memories for a pattern. The dreams that seemed to foreshadow your future, the challenges you'll face, two of them happened and someone overblotted. . .

Your eyes widened in realization. These dreams not only give you a hint about what's gonna happen to you, but it also tells you which dorm will have an overblot! If you put this pattern right, then the person who'll overblot is. . .Azul.

"We have to go to Octavinelle!" you called out to your friends, much to their confusion. "Hah!?" Ace cried. "Why? We were about to show these slimy twi-"

"I have a bad feeling," you told them, already dragging them with Grim on your back, Ace and Deuce's hands in your own while the photo is under your armpit. "Why do you mean?" Deuce asked, now uneasy at your tone. " Something bad is about to happen!" you replied.

"So Mx. Prefect also knows," you turned to Jade, who had a frown unusual from his smile as he swam beside you.

"Eh~" Floyd joined in.

"I just have a bad feeling, a real bad feeling."

When you went through the mirror, you immediately dragged your friends to the Hall of Mirrors and went through the mirror leading to Octavinelle. When you got there, you were shocked at the vast change of the place. Ink covered the usually clear waters, polluting it to darken like an ominous background. Bodies of students littered the floor from left to right, pale and thin.

But what was shocking was the aura of inkiness and negativity. It filled your nose and mouth to the point that you had to stop yourself from gagging, it was like inhaling garbage mixed with vomit. It invaded your senses and tried to cover you in it. You willed yourself strong, trying to shake it off.

"What the hell!?" Ace shouted. "Things are crazy now!"

Despite your nausea, you pulled them towards the voices that shouted, just in time to see a surprising development. Azul, who was usually calm and collected, was now crying and unhinged as he took what you could guess was the abilities -both physical and magical - of a Scarabia student. Leona, Ruggie, and Jack were at one side, shocked, while at the other were the Leech twins.

"Is Senior Azul. . " Deuce trailed off with disbelief. "On a rampage?"

"He's absorbing abilities from students from left to right," Jack explained, guard up.

Absorb. . .He's absorbing abilities with no contracts. . .They were a check so he wouldn't go on a rampage, you realized.

"It's all gone you know," you heard Azul lamented forlornly, making you look at him. "everything. . ." But as if it were a joke, he started laughing hysterically. You pocketed the photo to focus on the real menace. "Senior Azul," you spoke up, stepping forward. "Please calm down, you're only going to hurt people like this."