11: H-7

From what the Cheshire cat person with a mouthful name, nicknamed Che'nya, Riddle has been serious about rules ever since he was little. Getting the hint of them being childhood friends, Deuce asked if the cat knew something.

"If you think I know, then I know," Che'nya replied, mischievously cryptic. "If you think I don't know, then I don't know."

"Which is it?" Grim deadpanned.

Che'nya then suggested asking Trey if they wanted to know more about the dorm leader, saying that he's known Riddle since they were kids. You raised your brows at the information. 'I'd never imagine Riddle and Treyto know each other since childhood.' From what you saw, their dynamics were like a strict dorm leader and a laid-back vice dorm leader. After Che'nya disappeared while humming, your group resorted to finding the upperclassman.

You suggested the library since you remembered seeing a cooking book with the mont blanc recipe, deducting that he might return the book. So, much to your charge, the trio decided to ambush him. Which is precisely what you did. After catching the senior, Ace asked. "What do you really think of him? Since you were kids, have you always been so subservient to him?"

"Who did you hear that from?" Trey asked.

"A Cheshire cat named Che'nya," you replied, stuffing your hands in your blazer pockets.

"Che'nya - Ah, that guy."

" Aren't you also older than Riddle?" Grim asked. "Just get angry at him."

"I'd do it if I felt it necessary," Trey replied before frowning. "But, I can't bring myself to scold him."

"Why!?" Ace asked, annoyed.

"Everything Riddle is was 'made' by following strict rules."

"Huh?"

Trey looked at you. "Prefect, do you remember during your . . . rant about rules, you mentioned about if his parents made him like this?" You nodded, getting the feeling that it was related to that. "In his homeland, there isn't a single person who hasn't heard of his parents. As Healers, they're that famous." He then proceeds to tell about how Riddle's mother was an ambitious woman who wanted her son to be exceptional as her. monitoring his schedule, deciding what he should do and eat, etc. All down to the smallest thing. And because of that, he achieved many things such as being at the top of his class, obtaining his unique magic at ten years old, and more.

Something uncomfortable stirred in your chest, the sound of the dorm leader's mother reminds you of your mother that monster. It's restricting and suffocating, unable to choose for yourself and abstaining from your freedom.

'He's like me.'

"Riddle thinks being bound by strict rules is for one's own benefit," Trey explained. " He was bound by strict rules and still became a leader, so he believes it works for anyone."

'Even if he thinks that way, he must be suffering inside though.' you thought, feeling sympathy for Riddle. 'But. . .'

Trey seemed to have noticed your conflicted expression. "I understand why you think he's a tyrant, and that his way of doing things is incorrect.

"Riddle has a past like that. . ." Deuce trailed off.

Ace frowned. "After hearing this, I finally understand." He then points at Trey. "The way that Riddle is right now, is your fault." You hummed in agreement, ignoring the surprised sounds from the others. "He didn't have any say against his parents and probably thought this was normal." You contemplated. " But Trey at least had the idea of what Senior Riddle's mother was teaching is wrong, you should've directed him to the right path."