Octiavinelle Interlude

Floyd

You were short. Shorter than him to the point you reminded him of a shrimp. But he decided you were a jellyfish since your hair poofs out like one, also your words sting like their stingers.

But he finds you fun since, unlike the others, you didn't get mad at his nicknames. And also you were really smart if you were able to foil Azul - he didn't like how that octopus overblotted. He also found it funny how you just seem tired and resigned to everything, those miscolored eyes always half-lidded. He just wants to make you crack other faces.

But what he likes most of all is no matter how unpredictable you are. You went with the flow on some days and at some, you pulled something that made head turns. He was cackling when you were roasting the headmaster with no shame so expect some of his insistence to play.

Jade

You were quite peculiar. Interesting was the right word. Taking one look at your attractive face, people would assume you were a no-nonsense person who was simply done with everyone's shit. But that's not all of you, isn't it?

No, you were smarter, perceptive, and craftier than people take you for. If you were able to come up with a plan to counter Azul, then what else were you capable of?

Jade cannot wait to unfold the many sides that you have hidden under that no-nonsense font. No matter how much you don't want him to.

You were also quite kind, he learned as you had no problem helping those unfortunate anemones no matter how much you complained. And if the change Azul when you had those sessions with him had anything else to say, then you caught more of Jade's attention.

He also enjoys your quips, whether sarcastic, snarky, or exaggerating, the twins take joy in the reactions they get.

Azul

You were infuriating, he must admit. He could not read your face when you had that calm indifference that you carry with you. Kind and selfless, things were getting in the way of his plan. He thought that he could manage those as long as he could get Ramshackle.

How shocking it was for him to learn that Kingscholar has decided to help you.

And how infuriating it is to hear from the smug lips of that lion that you had planned this earlier before he made you the deal, for you to learn his weaknesses with a newfound perceptiveness he discovered of you. And you did it under his nose, he fell into your palm that held a trap that he did not think of.

As irritating as it was, he cannot help but find it admirable.

That hidden intelligence that you had in your brain was something he can't help but sigh.

And he can't help but fall in a sense of warmth when you learned of his dark past and did not judge him. No, you understood him. You talked to him about it, comforted him, praised him, and all he felt was warmth. Warmth. Warmth.

So much warmth, it washes away the insecurity he has at that moment.

And to learn that you had similar experiences - is possible, worst ones - as him, he couldn't help but reach his heart out to you.