22: O-6

"So where's our temporary room?" you asked after escaping from Leona's hands, rubbing your aching cheeks. Leona deadpanned at you. "You're not gonna explain?"

"I thought I did in the message."

"You're explanation just raised questions that need immediate answers."

"Which I will answer in the morning," You sighed. "So, which room are we sleeping in?"

"About that," Ruggie intervened, scratching his head. "You'll be sleeping with Senior Leona in his room."

"Hah!?" Grim exclaimed. "Why!?"

"Because we haven't cleaned the empty rooms in months and they've become junk collectors for the residents," The lion explained. "So we didn't really have a place for your to sleep."

"So putting you in the biggest room in the dorm is the only option," The hyena added.

You raised a brow. "Is Senior Leona okay with this?"

"Of course!" Ruggie smirked. "Besides, you guys will be taking care of him as payment, so it's a win-win."

"So we're gonna be servants at the end." Grim deadpanned.

"However, if you're even the slightest bit noisy I'll throw you out before three days." Leona glared. "Got it."

You sighed. "Yes yes, we get it."

Grim wiped a sweatdrop. "At least we won't be sleeping outside."

"So since we're gonna be sleeping in the sleepy lion's room," Leona growled at your nickname which you ignored. "Grim and I could sleep on the couch for the mea-"

"What are you talking about?" Leona raised a brow. "You're sleeping on my bed while the furball sleeps on the couch."

"EEEH!?" Jack and Grim exclaimed.

"Why is my henchman sleeping with you on the bed!?" Grim protested. "I won't allow it!

"Shut up furball or else I'll feed you to the others." Leona threatened the monster, which was effective as Grim cowered behind you.

Ruggie snickered, however. "Wow Senior Leona, you're so shameless, it's blatant favoritism." The lion rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Ruggie." The hyena chuckled. "Lucky~ This will make my life easier for the next three days."

"That ass, I can hear you." Leona glowered at his vice-dorm leader. "Be prepared."

"At least I have a heater for the next three nights," you muttered.

You entered the familiar room Leona which, fortunately, was cleaner than you last saw it. 'That sleepy lion really did clean his room.' Grim awed at the room. "This feels like a wild man's room. Y'know?"

"Stop scampering about," Leona complained, already laying on his bed with half-lidded eyes. "I'm going to sleep. If you disturb me, I'll eat you." He then growled before closing his eyes, snoring. Grim looked amazed at the lion beast-man. "H-he fell asleep in three seconds!?"

"Welp, good night Grim." you greeted night to the monster before settling yourself in your sleeping clothes, which are just a simple t-shirt that reached your mid-thighs and shorts that reach above the knees, untying your braid which uncurled to long tresses before making yourself comfortable beside Leona. You vaguely heard Grim grumbling before it was quiet. The warmth that Leona provided helped you sleep faster as you closed your eyes and let your consciousness drift off.

Until another dream emerged itself in the depths of your mind.

'Black like my soul.'

The dream was a dark void before a tunnel of light appeared, the structure of the tunnel resembled a skeleton of a creature before the light lit up more to show the familiar lair of Ursula. Ariel passes through the unfortunate victims who have been turned into polyps before meeting the sea witch herself who gave her a deal The deal's deadline was similar to yours, three days to complete - specifically when the sun sets on the third day, with conditions that she will inevitably sabotage.