32: SB-2

"That fucking crow dean and his damn laziness," your brother cursed as he adjusted the logs he carried.

You shifted the logs you held while Grim balanced his stack on his back. It's been a day since you greeted goodbye to your friends. Ruggie was the first to go with a cooler and bags full of snacks about to hit their expiration date, according to him and Jack, he's gonna give them out to the street rats and his grandma who live on the poorer side of the community. The slums if you will.

You gave the hyena a good pat on his head. "That's really nice of you, Ruggie."

"You think so?" he grinned, cheeks painting pink. "Then, will that convince you to marry me? You haven't answered both of my proposals yet."

"What's this talk about proposals?" your brother gritted beside making you sigh.

Luckily, Ruggie went through the mirror before (B/N) could tear him to shreds.

Jack was the next one to leave with the potted cactus that he was growing. You couldn't help but find it cute that he's growing something as delicate as a plant -or not as delicate as a cactus. You gave him a good ruffle on the head before seeing him off while your brother gave him good luck on his plant.

Leona had nothing on him but his wallet and his phone, according to him, he had numerous clothes back at home so he doesn't need to pack anything. When Deuce questioned about the homework, the lazy bastard stated that homework could be finished on the day the holiday ends. Your brother didn't like that method along with Jack. The lion waved you goodbye with a smirk before disappearing through the mirror.

Trey, and Cater were the next ones to meet you in the chamber with the latter trying to convince the former to let him stay at his home since his sisters will be there. Trey was okay with it before mentioning that he will be worked to death there. You forgot that his family ran a bakery. Riddle was the last one to arrive, his face and atmosphere glum. And honestly, you feel for him. He has to go back to his Asian Tiger mom and you would be down too if you had a mom like that.

(B/N), after hearing about his situation, gave Riddle a thumbs up to show his encouragement. You were glad that your brother was getting along with them, to be honest. Although you persuaded him to make friends in your old world, he was the type to be fake around them. He doesn't consider them friends, but rather pawns to look normal. And, let's be honest, he was bad when it came to emotional situations that require the emotional capacity to understand. Something he doesn't have unless he or you experience it, that's when he can relate.

And these are one of the few times he can relate.

You knew he was being friendly with them now but doesn't quite trust them yet, but you hope he would come to trust them more even if it was slow.

Floyd joined in the little discussion to tease Riddle, much to the charging of the dorm leader who would've cut off his head without Cater and Trey's calming. Jade, his twin, joined in the discussion to explain the reason why they were not going home. Their hometown was farther and the glaciers were a hassle for them. Floyd added that there was nothing to do there. Having enough, Riddle sent his goodbyes before jumping through the mirror followed by Trey. Cater left too after taking a picture of the five of you.

Since the Octavinelle trio and your trio were going to be left at the school, the twins invited you to join them at Monstro Lounge for a celebration of some kind, much to Grim's trauma and (B/N)'s disgruntled apprehension. Before your Heartslabyul freshmen friends left, they exchanged magicam IDs with your brother, much to your heart's warmth.

You blew a strand of hair that fell from your ponytail. "You've been cursing the headmaster since yesterday."

"Yeah because his lack of concern for us is literally annoying!" (B/N) blasted "Seriously, was he about to let us go hungry and figure it out ourselves!? What kind of adult that's supposed to be the headmaster does that!?"