20: O-4

'Did he read my mind?' you thought as Jade continued.

"Azul is a deeply benevolent person like the Sea Witch of the Great Seven," Jade explained, making you internally roll your eyes. "I'm sure he will hear your out."

"That's right," Floyd joined in. "Azul can clear up any of your worries. For example. . .Even if you wish to free those anemones over there." You heard the gasps of your friends. "Of course," Jade smirked. "'For free' is out of the question."

You sighed through your nose. "I knew that Azul wanted me to make a contract,"

"He did!?" Jack looked at you, bewildered.

You nodded, looking back at the twins with indifference. "He said that if I ever needed help, I could always go to him. . . .or something like that." You bit the inside of your cheek. "I got pretty suspicious when he mentioned contract though," Jack growled at the twins. "So that's your aim. You wanted them to get into a contract with Azul."

"Please don't bare your fangs," Jade chided. "Land creatures are quick to violence it seems."

'Land creatures. . .!' another piece clasped together in your brain. Azul is Ursula, that's for sure, but her beloved moray eels/henchmen are Flotsam and Jetsam. Floyd and Jade are Flotsam and Jetsam, the similarities not only stop at their names but also their appearances. Both eels have different colored eyes - one black and one full yellow - but the position is mirrored, just like Jade and Floyd's heterochromia. And their color scheme is painfully akin to the said moray eels.

And the fact that they called Jack a 'land creature' . . .

'They're not human.' you realized as your eyes widened a smidge before returning to their neutral face, missing the rest of the discussion before the twin's laughter broke you out. "If we talked about is of any interest to you then please come by to Monstro Lounge after 9 pm," Jade said.

'At night?'

"We will be waiting with delicious tea ready for you," Jade gave you a pleasant closed-eye smile as Floyd added. "I'm waiting for you, Guppy."

You watched the twins walk away from your table till they were out of sight, turning to your friends before letting out a breath you weren't aware of holding. '"Fuck. . ." you muttered under your breath. "So that means. . ." Deuce trailed off. "If you sign a contract with Azul and beat him. . ."Grim continued. "Depending on how it goes, we could be freed!?" Ace finished.

They then all looked at you determinedly as they all said. "We're counting on you, Prefect! Beat Azul!"

'Agh, pressure. My old 'friend'.' you clenched your jaw as a tight squeeze was felt in your gut. You hated peer pressure, you hated any kind of pressure, you hated the pressure you're getting from your idiots.

"You guys didn't waste time," Jack said flatly.

"Guys that don't have any anemone on their head wouldn't understand our pain!" Grim retorted. You shook your head as you sighed. "You wouldn't be one of the guys with anemones on their heads if you listened to me," you replied, emphasis on the word 'listened'. Grim flinched back into your torso. You let out an aggravated sigh as you pinched the bridge of your nose while using your other hand to flip the tight braid you did over your shoulder. "Fucking Idiots," you muttered. "And it's not just on academics ."

"And we've learned our lesson, promise!" Ace whined.

"Yeah, I won't do it again." Deuce dejectedly said. "Even if I fail, I'll accept my fate."

"You should say you're going to work so you don't fail again," Jack said flatly with sweatdropped.

"And this is why you're my friend," you said, leaning on Jack's arm. The wolf huffed. "So, what do you wanna do, Prefect? Do you wanna go along with their whims?" he asked. You hummed. "It would be easier for our plan, which will have a lot of changes. Plus," you blew a strand of hair that went to your face. "We better hear him out or else they won't leave me alone."