39: SB-9

You found yourself in front of Jamil's room along with Azul, Floyd, and Grim. Jade and your brother headed off to find Kalim, part of Azul's plan. You knocked on his door, waiting for his permission. You heard faint mumbling at the other side before the owner opened the door.

"Good evening, Jamil." Azul greeted the vice-house warden.

"E~ve~ning~" Floyd followed.

"We're coming in!" Grim announced.

You only gave a friendly wave. Jamil immediately went on guard, eyes looking at your group with suspicion. " . . .What do you want?" Azul then explained the board game he found when Kalim gave them a tour of the treasure vault, mentioning needing to grasp the rules even with Kalim's instructions.

"Ho do you play this game with a wooden board filled with holes and gems?" Floyd asked.

Jamil made a noise of understanding when he saw the game the twin held in his hands. "Mancala, It's a popular game in the Scalding Sands."

"I have to know about this as a member of the Board Games club," Azul explained. "Would you care to go a few rounds with me?"

"Me too me too~ I wanna play with Sea Snake!" Floyd laughed.

"I, the Great Grim, never back down from a challenge!"

You eyed your ward's sentence with a flat stare. 'Great Grim, yeah right.'

"What about you, prefect?"

You looked to see that Jamil had asked you, a patient gaze as he awaited your answer. You tilted your head with a shrug. "I'll be watching on the side." Jamil brought a hand to cup his chin, muttering under his breath before answering the Octavinelle house warden. "Got it. Let's go to the lounge so e all have room."

'Seeing the treasure vault is something I'll never get used to.'

(B/N) pursed his lips as he followed Senior Leech 1 and Senior Al-Asim into the vault, meeting the piles of treasure and valuables. Senior Leech had brought him to Al-Asim with an excuse to check out the textiles in the vault room. For the demon, that was one of the lousiest excuses anyone has made. . .If someone else had said it. But for the Leech Twin with him, he could be someone interested.

Senior Leech sighed at the sight. "It's beautiful. Being able to see it up close like this is wonderful."

(B/N) ran his hand through a pile of gold coins, feeling the hard metal brush against his skin; cold, hard, and valuable but at the same time dangerous and corrupted. His eyes caught sight of a silk-like fabric that has a familiar color green. 'This couldn't be. . .'

"Senior Al-Asim," the demon called the house warden, pointing at the fabric. "What's this green fabric?"

"That's woven from silk," the albino explained.

'It's silk!? He could be a target for gold-diggers!'

"A long time ago, the law that stated that royalty could only marry royalty was changed after a princess married a peasant from the slums. She always wore peacock green. It's a popular color for men and women."

'. . .Damn, Jasmine. Your color ruled your country.'

"How amazing." Senior Leech gasped. " The little mermaid, who was interested in human treasures, would've been beguiled by this. Security must be difficult to manage."