23: O-7

Jack was persistent to join you, you noted. He insisted that it would be better if there was someone with you, and no matter how many times you assured him you would be fine, he didn't relent.

So that's how Jack ended up with you in the Mirror Chamber.

"Are you sure about this?" Jack asked as a bottle of the potion was in his hands.

You tossed your bottle in your hand. "This will be a test run, to see whether the Leech Twins will stop us or not."

"And if they don't?"

"Well, it'll make it easier for us," you replied. " no Leech twins, the quicker we get the photo, and the quicker we beat Senior Azul."

The wolf beast-man sighed. "I just hope it's the latter then."

You looked at the shell bottle in your fingers, the potion slushing at the sides as you tilt it. 'Wonder how this will taste. . .' You uncorked the bottle and took a whiff. A pungent smell attacked sharply at your nostrils making you gag as your eyes watered a bit. 'This smells horrible-!' You looked at Jack and saw him having the same reaction as yours.

"Ugh-! This stinks!" He groaned.

After taking around four deep breaths, you held your breath before inhaling the potion in one gulp. The moment the taste settles on your taste buds, your gag reflexes were activated before you forced them to calm. It tasted like that disgusting medicine you had to take when you were sick, with no flavor additives added like those for the children.

'The taste is worse!'

After finishing around half of the potion, you sighed in relief, the taste of the potion lingered much to your dismay. "That sucked." you scraped your taste buds with your front teeth. You heard Jack gagging after inhaling his potion, heaving breaths before reciting. "Mirror Mirror on the wall, lead us to the Coral Sea." The mirror glowed as the air started to become suffocating, your lungs squeezing the life out of you. Immediately, you rushed through the mirror as the world swirled around you.

Next thing you know, you found yourself floating in something dense yet movable, your lungs began to relax as they started to calm down from their struggle. With your breathing regulated, you looked around your environment. The mass you're floating in is water, you noted, as various lengths of seaweeds were planted on the seafloor and numerous types of shellfish were around. A school of fish passed by, weaving through the colorful corals that stood like ocean flowers.

At a distance was a shipwreck between some rocks, colored in the dark giving it an ominous feeling.

"Woah," you looked around amazed. "This is incredible."

"So this is the Coral Sea. . ." Jack trailed off. "And the potion really works."

" I doubt Senior Azul would give us something that wouldn't work, it would hurt his pride I'm guessing." You looked around, a few air bubbles appearing. "Let's go."

You began swimming through the water, noting how the difficulty level of it increased if you were not a strong swimmer - thankfully you were in the swimming club in Middle School so that was a benefit - before exploring the seafloor. The floor that was bare of any merfolk soon became full of them as you drew closer to your destination, small shops and vendors selling varieties of products, some being food that smelled heavenly while others had jewelry or seaweed clothing made.

In the center of all those coral buildings, shops, and vendors was a ginormous castle-like structure with pillars holding it up, towers with slit windows, and a grand entrance at the front.

"I think that's the Atlantic Memorial Museum," Jack pointed at the large coral building in the distance. You nodded. "Let's go."

However, you didn't get far when you saw looming shadows swimming above you, making goosebumps form. It didn't help when a familiar airy voice spoke, making the atmosphere eerie. "Ah ~ Jade look, Jellyfish and Sea Urchin really came!"