3. Patience

Mirabelle's POV

"Mirabelle, hurry up! He'll be here any moment." Mimi yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled, prinking my makeup. Done with that, I went over to my shoe rack and drew a pair of wine wedges.

It complemented my wine bodycon dress, which has a small slit on my left side upward to my mid thigh.

My black hair was tied up into a decent bun, and I allowed a few of its strands to hand on both sides of my face.

After checking myself out in the mirror, I left my room and descended the staircase.

"Madam, hurry up, this isn't red carpet." Mimi urged, and I laughed, swaying my hips the more. We went to the dining hall and checked the table setting once again.

Then the doorbell rang..

"That must be him." She squealed excitedly, and even I checked myself in the louvre.

Some minutes later, I heard footsteps, which caused me to inwardly gasp with widened eyes.

"Darling...meet my son..Elvin-Eugene." Mimi introduced excitedly clinging to his arm.

"Elvin, this is my god daughter, Mirabelle." She told him, and he stared at me, narrow eyed.

"Why are you staring at her like that?" Mimi whispered loud. Eugene blinked and shook his head, chuckling a bit, showing a little portion of his white teeth.

Was this Mimi's son whom she said he was caring, knows how to treat women right, etcetera?

This dude is a total douchebag!

Why does this have to be so effing coincidental? Ugh.

"Oh, nothing really...I'm just...astonished by her beauty." He spoke with his gaze on my face as he walked towards me.

Mimi winked at me, and I gave her a short smile.

"Hi Mirabelle." He greeted gentlemanly, stretching out his hand for mine.

"Hi Eugene. " I responded, passing him a fake smile as I narrowed my eyes at him. I gave him my hand, and he held it in his, kissing th back of it. Damn his lips were so soft... how would they feel on mine?

Ugh, get a grip, Mirabelle.

He passed his thumb over my knuckles, and it caused a skip in my heartbeat.

This guy was such a pretender!

I frowned for a bit, and he let go of my hand.

"Oh well, you two should take a seat, I'll bring in the food." Mimi said and left the two of us alone.

"Well, Eugene, aren't you the most fake person I know." I spoke when  Mimi was out of earshot.

"I told you I'm nice to a selected number of people, and you wouldn't want me to be cold to you again in front of my mother. ..would you?"

I went ahead of him and took my seat in one of the couches while he sat in a different one.

I glanced over him and used about ten seconds to check him out. His t-shirt clung to his skin, and the leather jacket and jeans did a good job complement him.

And damn I loved his Jordans.

"Whatever, just don't tell Mimi, you know me.."

"Why? You gossiped about me?"

"You think the whole world revolves around you, don't you?" I folded my arms, and his eyes followed to my chest area. He went ahead and checked me out, making me narrow my eyes at him.