39. To Get Along

Lynelle's POV

"Sis, you're going to get sick from your nonstop tears." Breah remarked but I was so lost in thoughts that I could barely reply.

Regret. Regret. Regret.

I regretted not taking an initiative, not claiming him! Eugene would have been mine by now and we wouldn't have to live here in the first place!

I wouldn't be striving and feeling like a sore loser.

"Crying won't change his mind and that's not even me being mean."

"You're not...making me...any better." I hiccupped.

"Aww.." she sighed hand me a tissue before embracing me in a hug.

"What if I lose our friendship too? aw fuck, I've lost it!" I wiped under my eyes.

"I don't think you have, but you're gonna lose if you don't stop your obsession...just forget your feelings for him for your own good..." she advised. It wasn't easy to keep accepting the fact that Eugene could never like me like that.

What annoyed me was the fact that it was because of that bitch Mirabelle. I hated her so much.

"I'm not obsessed, I'm just upset." I sighed.

"Poor baby..." she cooed hugging me and I smiled because I was older than her and she was consoling me.

"Who are you expecting?" I asked my heart racing when the doorbell rang

"I'll go check, I ordered some KFC." She stood up and I wiped under my eyes, blew my nose before I stood up to dispose the tissue. I took some water in the fridge and chugged it down, sighing before I went to the hall to see Eugene there.

My heart ached more and beat extra faster when I saw him.

"I'll be gone." Breah left. Wordlessly, I sat on the couch and Eugene sat next to me.

It hurt me that he was so close to me but his heart was so far away.

I thought it was all going to be over for Mirabelle when I found out that Breah went to their school too. Because that was my source of information and leverage. No wonder I could also get prince to involved to also help me out.

But everything just backfired! Like come on! God why?! Why would you let me fall in love for this guy and be friends with him if he's not gonna be mine?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

It felt like we could have all the fun in the world but never be together.

"Hey, I'm so, so sorry about what happened earlier." His jaw clenched a little. I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and sighed again.

"Lynelle, I'm not trying to butter you up but then I really care about you...you're my first female real and best friend and I don't want to lose you over something like this." That that was sweet and bitter at the same time.

"You're right Eugene...I don't want to lose you either but it hurts so bad Eugene. Because I really like you Eugene...fuck it I love you...but it seems unrequited and you're dating this bitch ass girlfriend who hates me so much and is always trying to spite me."

"No, no...I'll talk to her about this but trust me, she's a really good person...maybe because you two don't get along you might not see it...and for what she did this morning, I wasn't expecting that but nonetheless I could understand her actions because well I was the one delaying with things. I apologise for that...that's even more of the reason why I wanted to talk to you first... "