16 . Disconfort.

Mirabelle's POV

It wasn't a bad idea... there was no harm in trying. So why did I have this weird... I don't know, contemplation?

Okay, so the thing was.. David asked me out, and here's the case where I agreed. To be honest, he was a nice guy, possessing the qualities of a gentleman who had a high potential to be my boyfriend.

But then there was this kinda weird thought, which made me feel like it wouldn't work. This weird, weird, overly weird thought.

Are you ready?

The message on my phone read.

Almost.

Mimi had gone for choir practice, so thankfully, I didn't have to fabricate anything for her. Like I felt as though something really bad was gonna pop out one way or the other from this fake relationship Eugene brought about.

I honestly didn't know what he was up to. He got my mind running crazy for the past few days after the wedding. Everything he was doing was just so questionable and confusing! But it kinda felt nice being in his arms.

Sure, I'm waiting.

I slid on a casual outfit and tied up my hair in a ponytail. Going out, I had to lie to Frank that Eugene was meeting up with me somewhere and when I was convinced that he believed me, I went to stand beside the road and a few minutes later, David's car pulled over.

He got down quickly and opened the door for me.

"Oh David, that wasn't necessary. " I chuckled.

"It actually is. Queen's need special treatment. " He stated, and I smiled, sliding into my seat. His gaze lingered on me for a bit before he closed the door and walked over to sit next to me at the drivers' seat.

"Do you live alone?" He started the car.

"No, I live with my godmother... and wel,  there's he security man."

"What about your parents?"

"They're outside the country."

"Okay, that's nice."

"So... where are you taking me?" I asked, looking over him. He was in a t shirt, which accentuated his muscular features, and he had a charming smile.

"You'll see." He smiled charmingly.

"Alright. Be like that, then."  I folded my arms.

"Like what?"

"You know what I mean." 

"I like your dress, by the way. You look lovely. " He complimented, and I blushed and muttered."Oh." Under my breath.

"You don't look bad yourself too." I smiled, and he chuckled. We arrived at the posh restaurant after about twenty minutes and we got down to go inside.

He dragged out a chair for me quietly, and I sat while he took his seat opposite me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"My pleasure." He tilted his head a bit. The waitress came with the menu and gave each of us a copy.

After making up our minds, she came to take our orders, and she left.

"Wow." I murmured, examining the place.

"Quite cozy, isn't it?"

"Very. I like the serene atmosphere and the soft music.

"It makes me so glad to know that you do."

"So...I never asked...are you single?" I asked, and he laughed quietly.

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." I registered his words and also smiled. We talked at length about other things until our food came in. We conversed in between bites. Sometimes, I nearly choked because he made a funny statement, and I had to laugh under my breath.

But then, you know that feeling where you think someone is staring at you from a distance?

Yep, that was what I was feeling after some time.  It made me look around for a bit.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just -" I paused, making sudden eye contact with Eugene, who was about three adjacent tables away.

With Lynelle.

Despite being caught, he didn't look away, but I, however, avoided him and concentrated on my date.

"Well, Prince and I began dating after I completed high school... and then I broke up with him."

"What happened?"

"He was cheating on me just because I didn't want to sleep with him immediately. "

"No, that wasn't good one bit. The last thing I want is to be caught cheating."

"Yeah... just the same way you wouldn't want your girl to cheat, right?"

"Yep."

I glanced at Eugene once again and aae him focused on Lynelle. Didn't he tell me that they weren't dating?

Ugh, whatever.

"What about you?"

"Um.. Celia thought that if I became a surgeon, I wouldn't spend adequate time with her..."

"On Celia, she should see you now, going on dates despite your tight schedule." I smiled.

"But it's alright. We broke up five years ago."

"Really? How old are you?" I asked.

"Guess." He chuckled.

"Okay..." I looked at him for a while. "Twenty-six."

"Close, it's twenty-seven, and you look
twenty-two. "

"But it's twenty-three, thank you." I smiled, and he chuckled. My phone started to ring, and I groaned, taking it to see the caller.

"Can I..?"

"Oh sure, I'll tell them to wrap up the desserts."

I nodded, stood up, and left for the washroom to pick up the call.

"Young lady."

"Mimi, are you home already?"

"Yes, what time are you coming him? We need to start for your parents' arrival.

"What? I thought they weren't coming anytime soon!"

"Well, change of plans,  please hurry up with Elvin and come home." She begged.

"Alright, alright." My heart was racing because I was scared that she might call Eugene to confirm. She hung up, and I exhaled loudly, fapmyself.

As if this was another déja vu, Lynelle too entered the washroom, looking surprised just as I was.

_________________________