33. Snake Under Grass

Mirabelle's POV

Oh God, not this again!

Why are we tangled?!

My head was against his chest, and I could hear the rhythm of his heartbeat. His hand grazed my back, and I shivered, feeling goosebumps all over.

I frowned a bit and opened my eyes. I raised my head, and I was met with his firm jaw. He led out a groan when my thigh grazed his groin, and he stirred up a bit to shift me.

I saw him with a phone in his hand as he went through it, unperturbed. Like having me in his arms was normal.

I didn't remember last night much clearly, but I remember having a glass or two of wine and then saying some stuff to Eugene…did I kiss him?"" I felt like something of a sort happened

My hand brushed over his chest, and I raised my head to stare at him. His face gave away an unreadable expression.

“Staring is rude.” His deep, low voice spoke. It made me want to still be in his arms as he held me by my waist.

Damn it was too early! And what I was still doing lying on him?!

I placed my hand on his chest and raised my torso up, making his hand move right to my bum. I held his hand and took it off, blushing as I got off him.

He, however, looked a little bit stressed, and I tried not to look at his bulge, which had strained against his pants.

“What happened last night?” I asked, moving some of my hair to cover my chest.

“What do you think happened last night?” He smirked.

“Ugh…just tell me.” I rolled my eyes, and he still kept quiet. “Did we?”

“Did we what?” He frowned a bit.

Why was he being so difficult!

“Did we uh..you know…”  I motioned between us. He gave me a raised eyebrow.

“Are you asking if we had sex?” He plainly asked.

“Seriously..do you have to say it like that?” I spoke after being speechless for a while.

“But isn't that what you're asking?”

”Ugh…whatever…so did we?” I rolled my eyes, my face flushed.

“Do you feel different? Like I had been inside you?” He bluntly asked again, and I gaped at him.

“I- you- Eugene!” I groaned, and he chuckled at my discomfort. I got down from the bed and slipped on my flip-flops.

“Oh and Mirabelle?” He called when I was about to leave.

“What?” I turned to him, frowning.

“Just so you know, if we actually did, you wouldn't be able to walk for days.”

“Shut up!” I squealed chucking a pillow at him. He dodged it, and I threw another one, hitting him on the head while he guffawed.

I left quickly with my face red from embarrassment.

***

I was so focused on making breakfast that if I didn't smell his cologne, I wouldn't have noticed he had entered.

I didn't acknowledge his presence, though, because I was still thinking about what he said earlier.

He, however, leaned on the counter with his arms folded while he stared straight at me. It made me so shaky and clumsy that I nearly broke a glass.