5. Recalls.

Mirabelle's POV

It's been over two weeks since I had seen that brute. Glad? Overly. Because I could finally enjoy some peace.

I also began my job at the hospital I was posted to. It was quite alright, considering the fact that the nurses were obedient and friendly. And my first week was not full of much stress.

I sat in office, bored because there was no one in yet. So I took my phone and decided to call my best friend of five years, Marylove.

"Hello? Who's this? And what have you done to my friend? Oh Lord! I doubts she even knows I exist!" She began before I could even greet. Gosh i love her so much. She was a total mood

Another thing I loved about her was that she never made you bored. She was a funny talkative person.

"Hi Mary."

"What do you want? I'm busy."

"Ugh don't be so rude." I giggled.

"How are you girl?" She asked.

"I'm so bored."

"Ha! I knew it! So now I'm your clown or what?" She accused and I laughed.

"Yes, you are and no one can replace that...how are you too?"

"Well I was busy admiring this fine dude before you called." She said.

"Mary, the question was 'how are you' "

"Bitch, lemme live." I laughed at this. "So what's going on in life? When are you coming back to Rio?"

"Oh about that-"

"Lemme guess, you came and you didn't even bother to let me know. What kind of a friend are you?" She feigned a wail.

"I'm so sorry please forgive me...I was gonna tell you!"

"Yeah right. Well you owe me a compensation."

"Gurl I got you."

"News? Gist?"

"Plenty."

"But not over the phone. You're not busy this weekend right?"

"Well...Sunday church..so let's make it Saturday. "

"Sure, alright. I'll try to call you when I get home. Bye!"

After I responded and hung up, I heard a knock on my door.

"Please come in." The door opened and the person I saw made me gasp in happiness.

"Lovia!" I gushed looking at the little girl with a big bow over her head.

"You're a paediatrician? No wonder you love kids! " I motioned her to sit and she did with Isabella sitting on her lap.

"Hello dear." I smiled at her and she smiled back widely. "Let me guess, she's here for a weighing right?"

"Yep."

***

He's such a jerk. Ugh." Marylove rolled her eyes.

"I know right? Too bad he's so fine." I groaned.

"And egoistic at the same time." She sighed.

"Tell me about it! So where did I reach?" I asked.

"You reached where you told Mimi about and she didn't know blah.."

"Yeah! It was the sane him. But Mimi doesn't know that we know each other. And girl  this dude can pretend!" I exclaimed.

"Really?" She asked.

"I'm telling you! In front of Mimi, he's warm friendly, heck romantic but behind her back he's a total jerk. And the way Mimi has a lot of faith in her son, I doubt that it'd be appropriate to reveal him." I sighed.

"Aw...poor girl." She cooed. "Then give him  to me so that I take him or..?"
She suggested.

"You're crazy." I laughed

"Oh I'm serious." She frowned and we  burst into excess laughter. We both continued laughing and I had to pause my drinking before I choked.

"Hey what about you?" I asked.

"Aha yes, remember that guy I used to date some weeks ago?"

"Joel or...?"

"Yes, do you remember that I told you we broke up?" She asked.

"Yeah I do...what's up?"

"He broke up with me because Rylie, you know that girl we cut her off because she was such a traitor?" She asked.

"You can't be serious?!"

"Deadass." She deadpanned.

"Girl I'm so sorry. Ugh that girl is always after guys. Do you remember that she told me that was was madly in love with a certain dude who proposed to me?"

"Yeah, the guy's Elvis—"

"No, no, no, Alvin. He's called Alvin."

"Yeah, yeah, him, I remember." She nodded.

"Great. She told me that she I shouldn't accept that proposal...he'll she was begging!" Marylove nodded for me to continue. "I didn't,  after I didn't even feel same for him. Rylie had her own issues."

"It's good we cut her off."

"I agree."

"So Where's this Alvin guy that she was after my boyfriend—I mean ex." She asked and I shrugged.

"I think Alvin left the school that whole month you were on exeat." She said.

"Really? I see." I sighed and finished my drink. "So Rylie?"

"Ah, yes, the sorry continues. Joel called me two days ago to tell me that he and Rylie broke up so he wants me back."

"He also can't be serious?!"

"Deadass." She sighed.

"This guy...I can't." I groaned. The waiter came in and presented our bill.

"I pay half and and you do, or you pay all?" She suggested.

"No way, let's split." I replied and we laughed.

After footing the bill, we left the place to go round to do some shopping, joking all the way.

"Boo, where did you get your crop sweater from? They're gorgeous." She asked taking out her phone.

"Journeys. Its nice isn't it?"

"Naa I lied, it's freaking horrible." She joked seriously and  I pouted.

"Mary heeyyyy!" I cooed.

"Stand in front of me, gotta get a pic." She requested. I stood in front facing her, walking backwards and grinned with my hands in my denim shorts as she tilted her phone I take the picture.

"You done?" I asked.

Naa.." She trailed off still working on the camera.

"Oh!" I gasped when I bumped into someone behind me. The person was a guy because of the way I assumed the chest I bumped into

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to—" I turned and paused my apology. "Ah, hell no!" I scoffed.

____________________________