17. False Gaiety.

Mirabelle's POV

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was friendly. I think.

"Oh.. I'm on a date..you?" I asked, already knowing.

"Eugene came with me." I know, ugh.

"Are you guys official?" I casually asked, smiling with false gaiety. Damn she would see a lot if she could read my thoughts.

"Underway...we kissed and he asked me out." She blushed.

"You guys..kissed?" My eyes went wide slightly, and a certain discomfort rushed through me. I remembered back at the reception when he was being so close to me and all that.

To think ghat he had started to like me or something. He was just using me! Didn't he tell me that they weren't dating? Men!

"Yes." She grinned.

"Wow... that's so cute." My voice felt so high pitched and fake... Oh God.

How could he ask her out after telling Mimi I'm his girlfriend? Okay, that wasn't true, but he didn't clear that! And now he's asking someone else out?

What in the world was this guy up to?

"I know right...hey are you okay? You seem a bit off."

"Oh, I'm alright... just uh...gotta get back to my date." I chuckled.

"Who is he?"

"Oh, he's David...works at the hospital, and he's a surgeon. "

"That is amazing! I'm happy for you!" She smiled, and I mirrored her smile before leaving. Ugh, why was she so chirpy?!

"Yeah, bye." I left and made my way back to our table. I made eye contact with Eugene and glared at him before I looked away.

On reaching my table, I saw David returning with our packed desserts and he beckoned me to leave with him.

I didn't talk much on the ride back home because I was really hurt. Ugh, what was all this?!

I felt.. played.

***

Elvin Eugene's POV

"I had an extremely wonderful time today."

"Glad you did." I blew out a breath, finally happy that we were on good terms.

"We're doing this every Monday, right?"

"Yep."

"Promise?"

"Uh.." I chuckled

"Hey, did you see Mirabelle?" She randomly asked, and I groaned at how my heart skipped a beat. Of course I saw her with that annoying doctor.

"No, was she there?" I lied.

"Yes.. I even spoke to her. She was on a date."

On a date. A DATE?!

"Ah well..." I shrugged, but deep down, I wasn't shrugging. Why was I so annoyed she went out with anyone anyway? She wasn't mine.

But in Mom's eyes, she was....

Exactly.

That just reminded me of the promise I made to mom... that should be more of the reason for which I was against her date. Like, doesn't she remember that we are supposed to be fake dating?

"She said the guy is a surgeon. "

"You mean David?"

"Yeah... how do you know him?" She asked, and the first memory was the reception. How I stole her, danced with her...looked into her eyes, played mu lips around her neck and lips.

It felt so amazing...I wanted to re-live it...just that this time, I'd kiss her till her lips became numb. Why didn't I even let that chance slip...I could have easily kissed her.

"Damnit." I muttered.

"What?"

"Oh nothing...just some minor car stuff."

"Oh, okay..."

That doctor was just wooing her!

"You alright?" She rubbed my arm.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired."

"Aww," She cooed, and I gave her a weird look. Within half an hour, I pulled up in front of her apartment, and we both got down.

"Where are you going?" She giggled.

"It's dark.. Someone might kidnap you." I looked around, putting my hands in my pocket. She pressed the doorbell and waited.

"Silly boy." She giggled.

"I forgot to ask..am I forgiven?" I asked. She smiled and walked towards me, throwing her arms around my toso.

"I'll take it as a yes." I hugged her back, happy that our friendship was still in check. We heard the door opened and we stopped hugging.

"Sorry Lyn, I ate all the snacks, but I'm pretty sure you had a wonderful time with your boyfriend -"

"Shut up, gosh." Lynelle grabbed her arms as they started going inside.

"Uh, goodnight." I laughed, and she waved at me as rhe both went inside. I went back to the car and drove to my apartment.

I refreshed, and during the shower, I remembered that Mirabelle was giving me a really angry look. What was that about?

Whatever.

I chose to get her off my mind, take my laptop and drown myself into work.

***

Mirabelle's POV

"Check, check... make sure it doesn't burn." Mimi ordered referring to the oven.

"Relax, Mimi, I checked like five seconds ago." I reminded her.

"They could burn!"

"Mimi chill, you're fussing too much." I laughed, opening the oven to check. She was so hyped about my parents' arrival.

"It's all good."

"Alright...can you please go to the master bedroom.. I placed some sheets on the bed, but I didn't lay it."

"Sure." I left the kitchen and went upstairs to the room to observe the place.

I laid the bed neatly, making sure to envelope the edges, and I folded the blankets neatly. Done, I went back to my room to prepare for work.

***

As minutes felt like hours, I sat jn my office, wanting to go home so bad, yet I was anxious about my parents' arrival.

What if they asked of Eugene? That meant I'd be locked in.. meanwhile I had something awesome going on with David... well even though I did know that deep down.. I didn't want to be more than friends with him

Why could I just tell Mimi the truth...I had the whole of yesterday!

What if it was because of Eugene? Besides, he was lowkey humorous and good-looking a romantic..

God forbid! what was I thinking!

I should even be involved to find out what he was thinking, besides... he asked Lynelle out what the heck was going on.

I was supposed to gonin for David! He's also sweet and all.. but did I know much about him, though? And even if I wanted to venture, it might hurt Mimi.

I think I should just tell the truth..

_____________________

Should she tell the truth?