10. Confusion Beyond Levels

Mirabelle's POV

I left my office to take a stroll down the hallway and steal myself a break too. I came across on of the doctors I nearly bumped into. After my apology, I ended up learning that he was called Dr Ranson and he was quite a charm.

"You must be Miss Leigh, right?" He asked after we exchanged some greetings.

"Yes..." I narrowed my eyes curiously at him because I really didn't think I was that well known at the hospital. "How do you know me?" I asked since I didn't wear my name tag to as well.

"I see you every time I come here." He said as we walked together..

"Oh really? I don't see you around at all. This is my first." I told him looking ahead. I saw a particular figure which was familiar and he turned around to look in our direction.

"I work in so many different hospitals. I mostly come here on weekends and about one or two weekdays." He responded. I nodded slowly as we approached Eugene and the look on his face showed he wasn't up to any good.

Maybe I should have stayed in my office..

Because another aspect of my beak was to clear my head of him as well and just when I way making progress, he interfered. Why was he here though? Did he drive away after dropping me of?

Or he was waiting for me..

For what reason though.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Why can't I be here?" He asked.

"Oh it's not that...uh Dr, Ranson-"

"Call me David." He grinned, looking so handsome. Eugene briefly glanced at him.

"Uh...sure so um David this is my friend, Eugene."

"Just a friend?" Eugene asked and I frowned in confusion.

"Yes, just a friend." I narrowed my eyes at him. I was not allowing him to pull another evil stunt

"What about-"

"Dr Ranson." A nurse holding a clipboard interrupted us, taking the called person away. I turned to Eugene.

"What in the world are you still doing here?" I inquired.

"Not everything is about you, Mirabelle"

"Okay fine. Cool. So why then would you still be here after dropping me off?"

"None of your business." He shrugged.

"Don't be a jerk."

"Don't be nosy"

"Were you not the same person who apologised to me and nearly kissed me this morning?"

"Well what do you think?" He stepped closer to me and leaned in. "I can do it again if I want you."

"Back off, douche." I pushed him back frowning at him

***

Elvin-Eugene's POV

The nurse left to get few things, leaving Lynelle and I together.

"Is it better?" I asked looking at her bandaged angle

"Yeah, I just won't be able to walk properly for a while." she told me.

"So you're a cripple for now?"

"Hey, don't use that word!" She punched my arm making me chuckle.

"I don't even think I'll use the crutches." she sighed.

"Then how will you be able to move about?"

"You're there of course."

"Lynelle, I can't be carrying you around all the time." She pouted at my response. "But, I will today." I assured and she grinned. After about fifteen minutes, she was discharged and with the same procedure I left the room, moving down the hallway.

"Thanks, Eugene." she smiled looking at me...weirdly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I chuckled looking ahead.

"You make me-"

"Gosh damnit." I cussed under my breath when Mirabelle came out of her office, locking the door. She glanced at me, then Lynelle who was in my arms and she just left. I Looked back at Lynelle and asked, "You were saying?" I glanced at her.

"Are you sure you don't like her?"

"I told you already, I don't" I frowned opening the door with my elbow. "You said I make you-"

"I didn't say anything." she sighed.

"Lynelle I know you did"

"So?"

"Please-"

"Oh don't worry I can go on my own." I heard her voice and once again, my attention was divided.

"Please, I insist." The guy responded obviously persuading her. she doesn't want to go with you damnit!

"Eugene are we going or not?" Lynelle asked. I didn't reply.

"I sauntered over to my car and helped her inside as I took my seat."

What did that douche think? That he could just waltz into her life and sweep her off her feet? The nerve.

Why was I even bothered? It wasn't part of my business.

"Are you okay? You look upset" Lynelle muttered.

"I'm fine" I grumbled even though there was a dull ache in my chest.

"No, you're not."

"Then why did you ask?" I snapped.

"Is this how you behave when you're jealous?"

"I'm not fucking jealous!" I growled at her and she flinched.

"Why are you angry?" She asked but I didn't respond as I sparked the car. I ran my fingers through my hair trying to understand why I was annoyed.

What the hell was Mirabelle doing to me? It was driving me insane. I glanced at Lynelle and saw her looking out the window. She was upset.

Damn what wrong with me.

"Lynelle I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Is this the only hospital in Rio?" She inquired and I gulped.

"Oh...um..."

"Or...you just wanted to see her?" She asked accusingly.

"No, no, this was the closest one nearby." I explained but she didn't say anything

"Lynelle I'm sorry for the way I spoke to you...I didn't intend to hurt you." I followed up my apology.

"It's fine, you didn't hurt me, I'm just worried about you..." she stated. "Don't you think your extremely terrible idea will cause chaos? "she reasoned.

she was actually right, but the thing is the thought of me pulling back and letting that doctor have his way with her, didn't sit well with me. Even the thought of them alone was causing a major disturbance to my conscience.

She wasn't mine, and I didn't like her. But I didn't know why I wouldn't let her go.

"Chillax, I know exactly what I'm doing."

"Oh ah well." she shrugged.

After a little while, I pulled up in front of her residence and she got down after we exchanged good byes. When she left, I then remembered that she wanted to tell me something but then it was too late.

___________________________________