23. Wrong with you

Lynelle's POV

I was too relaxed, too confident, and patient, and I must add a bit prideful  and that was what I had been regretting to date.

I've always loved Eugene, but then I didn't want to be the one to confess first. I thought maybe he'd realise and start feeling the same way and that he'd confess first.

Considering the fact that back in London, he spent most of his free time with me. He was so sweet and fun that it was impossible to even imagine getting over him. So I was always waiting for him to say it first. 

Because there was this little part that knew that Eugene felt something for me, but now that assurance got blocked by this witch-Mirabelle who one way or the other has manoeuvred her way between us.

Even to the extent that now she was living with him! The man of my dreams! Ugh, that was the last straw for me 

I honestly never liked her and pretending to was hell for me.

“We all know it's a fake.” I shrugged.

“Well Mimi doesn't, and I don't think you would want them to, do you?” She asked Eugene. 

Ugh. She was such a bitch too. 

“Fuck off.” Eugene snapped at her and I held back a smirk. Mirabelle glared at him and carried on with what she was doing.

That response from Euegene alone confirmed that there was nothing between them.

“Eugene, relax.” I placed my hand on his arm. Mirabelle left the kitchen shortly after and I was glad she left.  

“Sorry about that.”

“It's fine.” I smiled at him. “How do you guys even live together?”

“We just started and besides we don't even share the same bed and we don't really converse often.”

“Oh, I see.” I said feeling satisfied.

Now my major motive was to start making my moves first because I guess that was the only option left, else Eugene might fall for her.

But I was scared, scared of being rejected and losing our friendship altogether. Somehow at times Eugene is was difficult to get him talked out of things. Even when he knew that he was wrong.

Mirabelle living here now was not good for him at all and me as well. Look at how she stocked up the place!

What if Eugene stops going out with me because of her ?!

Just tell him that you like him

But I can't just do that too!

“Be careful. She's very rude and mean.” He chucked at this.

“I can be ruder and meaner.” He shrugged.

“No, Eugene, that's not who you are. Don't let her change your personality.” I advised.

“She can't change me and I'm only like that to her.”

“Really?” 

“Yeah. Let's talk about other things.” He diverted and I agreed as we talked about other things.

****

Elvin-Eugene's POV 

It's been about an hour since Lynelle left. During that period I was busy with some work on my laptop so I hadn't gone to my bedroom.

I finished within the house and I went to the room to get some sleep. However, when I got there, Mirabelle was still awake standing by the window with her phone to her ear. Her back was facing me and she was her short night dress, again!