6.Bad Idea

Eugene's POV

She turned around and narrowed her eyes at me, while I gave her bored look.

"Just because you're a doctor for children doesn't mean behave like them." I told her.

"Martin, oh hey." Her friend excused us by placing her phone to her ear.

"I would be grateful if you could be nice to me for a few minutes." She sighed folding her arms. I assumed she really liked doing that. Instead of replying her, I was busily trying not to anywhere below her eyes. 

But I doubted that was necessary because gaze had already reached the bare side of her waist downwards to where her shorts clung tight to her, attractively.

"Mister, eyes up here." She snapped her fingers over my face. On instinct I held her hand she used and she frowned looking at my face. My mind was just going crazy as I desired to drag her close by her waist. And the way she was looking deep into my eyes was giving me lot of permission.

Ugh get a grip. Its just a crop sweater, Even Lynelle had one on.

But if that was the case, why did I feel a did I feel a lot of crazy stuff rushing through my mind? Is it because I used to like her a lot?

I groaned not tearing my gaze. It felt like she wasn't staring back. She blinked when I slowly moved my hand which held hers. Her palm was so soft and warm and I even stroked my finger across it.

My gaze moved to her glossy soft looking lips. How soft were they? Should I check?

Shit. I wasn't supposed to do this. This was a public place!

I jerked her closer and she gasped placing her other hand on a side of my chest increasing my already accelerating heart.

"Eu..Eugene what ar-are you doing?" she stammered looking below my chin, breaking our eye contact. Her cheeks were flushed and she was shivering like she had a fever.

"Why can I get rid of you?"

"Kids of today," an old lady grumbled passing by us. Mirabelle pulled her hand out of my grip and went back tucking her hair behind her ear.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a shaking voice

"Never mind." I scoffed running my hand through my hair.

"Eugene why-"

"Fuck off. Damnit!" I groaned and she rolled her eyes. "Why don't you go back to your friend and continue gossiping?"

"We were not-" she paused and blushed again.

"You see? I'm starting t think you're obsessed with me." I stated.

"You're delusional."

"Then why gossip?"

"I'll tell you when you tell why you were just about to kiss me." she accused and i chuckled.

"I kiss a lot of girls"

"Then why kiss me? You hate me."

"You don't need to know that."

"Because?" she pressed on. A little part of me was enjoying this exchange.

"Because I said so."

"Eugene!"

"Mirabelle." I mentioned her name looking straight at her. she paused a bit and I smirked when her cheeks got rosy again.

"I don't like the way-"

"I don't care." I cut her off and she glared at me with her tongue in cheek.

"You're such a douche." she hissed.

"Eugene who's this?" Lynelle asked from behind me interlocking her arm with mine.

"No one important. Let's go" I beckoned her and Mirabelle looked at me with  her eyes narrowed. When we went far, Lynelle asked again.

"That's Mirabelle." I told her.

"No kidding! Thought you left her in London."

"I guess she followed me here."

***

"I don't understand why I cant get rid of her." I sighed leaning my head back on the seat.

"Do you still like her?"

"Hell no!" I interjected

"Are you sure? Not even a little bit"

"Naa, no." I lied.

No, I didn't lie per se. I wasn't telling the truth either, ugh!

"Hmm, I see." She sighed. "Then tell your mother the truth." She dared.

"Lynelle, you know I can't do that." I groaned.

"Then what are you gonna do?" She asked looking at me. Instead of replying, I ignited the engine and started to drive

What was I going to do? This issue was something that my mom was not supposed to know about. But then I could keep playing along like that.

So then what?

After a brief thought a plan came to plan,

"Something risky." I told her.

"Eugene.." She warned narrowing her eyes at me from my peripheral vision.

"Look, this girl doesn't want to leave me alone knowing or unknowingly, so maybe that's also Gods doing...Maybe He wants me to endorse her."

"No, He doesn't Eugene, He doesn't "she deadpanned

"Then why doesn't He want to remove her from my life?" i asked.

"There must be some sort of explanation for this."

"Well, I wanna know." 

"I don't know," she scoffed

"Good, so here's the plan." I trailed off. after telling her, she remained silent for several minutes. "Any contributions?" I inquired and she shook her head, "Say something, please."

"Eugene that's a very bad idea." she finally spoke

"I know...but I know that's the only way," I shrugged.

"Hmm." she sighed.

At first i used to tell her about Mirabelle, she kinda became dull. I assumed she was jealous and had feelings for me. I confronted her once though, and she laughed at such a thing. so I concluded they there could be no way she liked me, In that sort

"I'm scared though." she muttered.

"That what?"

"That what?" I asked.

"That you might start spending more time with her than me and eventually fall for her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is never happening okay? Never!" I assured her, but deep down I didn't feel assured myself. what if this was actually a bad idea?

___________________________

Anyone with a male best friend? How's it like to have one?