24. Boyfriend-girlfriend Thing

Mirabelle's POV 

My abdomen was still hurting, but it wasn't as painful as it was earlier this morning,  thanks to the heating pad Eugene prepared for me.

But I decided to go to bed early just to numb the pain completely. My eyes were closed alright, but my ears weren't because I heard Eugene enter the room, and it seemed he was on a phone call. 

“No…not today…Uh…I'm just a bit busy…some stuff.. no, no, it's not that..okay sure…this weekend is fine.. alright, I'll call you later.”

Probably Lynelle.

He sighed afterwards and muttered a few words before I heard his footsteps approaching.

I lay still, even though my heart was thumping at his nearness. He scoffed, and I realised that he had squatted in front of me.

He placed the back of his hand on my forehead, then moved it to my neck, and my stomach started fluttering. 

“I hope you're better now.” He spoke softly, tracing his hand on my ear. My eyes opened a little and made contact with his mesmerising orbs.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” I murmured. 

“You haven't actually eaten properly today, you know.” He gave me a concerned look

Who was this again?! Ans why was he even behaving this way?

Damn he was so good at this. Maybe I should have my period every day!

Yesterday I was crying because of how he was behaving towards me and I even got more hurt when he just passed by me sans an apology but today his services were more than enough to suffice all his misdeeds.

I never knew Eugene could be so sweet!

“I can't eat.”

“Why? Are there sores in your mouth?”

“No!” I weakly chuckled, shoving him a little.

“So why?” He caressed my cheek.

“I've lost appetite, and if I force myself to eat, I might puke.” 

His expression turned worried, and he heaved a small sigh. I wished maybe he'd climb the bed and cuddle me or something, but I guess it was a bit too much to ask for.

“So what do you wanna do now?” He asked, gazing straight at me.

I want to be in your arms.

I spoke through my gaze, and I saw his pupils increase in size before I closed my eyes.

“I don't know…maybe just sleep again. I have work tomorrow.” I voiced out instead.

“How can you go to work? In this condition?” He asked more worried than ever, and I opened my eyes.

“I'll be fine tomorrow. This is normal. I mostly recover the next day.” I told him.

“Are you sure?” 

“Eugene, I'm.not sick, for crying out loud. “

“Okay, okay…Do you need anything else?” He asked. 

A cuddle or anything that makes me closer to you will do!

“No.” I simply stated.

“Should I lie next to you?” He offered smirking, and I blushed, feeling like he knew my thoughts. 

“If you want.” I shrugged.

“Do you want me to?” He was now holding my hand.

Of course you idiot!