31. Juice, Wine and Kisses pt 1

Mirabelle's POV 

“I really don't wanna talk about it…” I sighed.

“Come on, babe, you don't look so good.”

“I wanna know about you today. Let's talk about you.”

“I have good news…but if you don't let yours out, then I'm zipping my lips.”

“I don't have good news.” I shrugged. 

“Well…so.bad news first.” She requested, and I sighed.

“It's like everything he had whatever with Lynelle. He comes back to me cold, then he warms up, gets touchy..” I groaned the the end. “Then the cycle continues.”

“Hold on..is he sleeping with her?”

“I don't know about that.” I said and wondered if he actually did.. or had even done before. 

“What's the current state?”

“He's cold now. Very cold. For some reason, Lynelle flew back from London just when I thought I earned me a holiday.”

“Aww, with your man?” She grinned.

“He's not my man.” I deadpanned even though it'd actually be nice to have him as that. If only he wasn't so rude!

“Yet.”

“No, not likely. He's confusing, you know…I don't know what he's thinking…he told me that it's my fault he's not in love with her.”

“Okay…so that means because he loves you or what?”

“As if I didn't ask that, and he called me delusional…oh and may he add, narcissistic.”

“Boy keeps lying to himself. Gurl, he's in love with you…he's just being a coward.”

“I can't be too sure about that…what if he just wants to sleep with me? Besides, he got annoyed when I interrupted one session by asking if we could talk…”

“Babe, this can't go on forever.” She frowned. “At this point, just corner him extract all that you can…even if it means placing yor cards on the table…what if Lynelle has been feeding him a lot of shit.”

“Wouldn't put it past her.” I murmured. “But you told me you found something.” I reminded her.

“Ah..yes…it's not complete, but let's join our heads.”

“Sure sure go on.”

“Okay this may sound weird, but Eugene didn't quit..he was rusticated.”

“What?” My eyes widened. 

“There more!” I leaned in to listen.  “You see  he was in his final year when we were freshmen…I got in contact with a few of our mates…I think she's called Briana or something-”

“Breah…you mean.” 

“Yes, yes Breah…she said there was a rumour that Eugene was a rapist.”

“A rapist?! H-how? I mean, how?” I frowned, my heart drumming in my ears. “Babe are you sure?”

“Deadass! I even had to find some of the people he roamed with to confirm.”

“Seriously?” I muttered 

“But I said it was just a rumour…it could be false too.

“So how are we gonna find out the truth?”

“We? Babe, my side is  done… The rest is up to you.” She sipped her passion cup.

“But how am I going to find out? I lost all contacts.”