28. Elvin, Alvin, Wow

Mirabelle's POV

"Who is that?!" I groaned, covering my face with my blanket because someone had opened my curtains.

"Frank let me in. You've been missing my calls, girl, wake up." She spoke, and I wished she would just disappear so that I could sleep in more.

"Girl!" I screeched when the blanket was harshly pulled off me. I sat up and glared at her.

"Good, now that you're awake, we can talk." She sighed.

"You woke me up against my will."

"Well that's what you get for not picking up my calls." She shrugged, and I groaned, running my fingers through my hair.

"You look terrible, and your eyes are bloody...what's wrong?" She asked. "Were you crying?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Oh, so that's why you couldn't pick up my calls... I hope you're done because we need to talk."

"Yeah I'm done." I sighed.

"Great, take a shower, and let's go out, okay?" She requested, and I nodded.

***

Maybe Lynelle was right. She did stand a better chance than men, that's why she's probably gone to London with him. Only God knew what they were up to.

After all, she's known him for a while even before I got to know him. But then there was this weird intuition that Eugene too may have known me for a while.

If not so...where from the questions about Alvin?

"Yeah and then he just said it like- girl are you even listening?"

"Where is Alvin?" I asked spontaneously.

"Who's Alvin?" She asked.

"Alvin! From High school, remember?"

"Oh...that dude who wrote you a letter proposing his undying love....yes I remember!" She gushed after thinking for a while. "Why are you thinking about him?"

"Eugene knows him."

"Really? Like how?"

"He was asking me about guys who have proposed to me and..."

"But why would he-"

"Long story! As I was saying, I mentioned their names and he asked me why I didn't let Alvin off the hook."

"Off the hook? What does he mean?"

"That's why I'm trying to figure it out." I frowned. "Don't you have anyone's contact?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"Okay girl, chill, let's try to break this down..ourselves...I'll try my best to get some background information."

"Yeah..." I breathed in and exhaled.

"You rejected Alvin's proposal.."

"Yeah.."

"And Eugene knows about it.."

"Yeah.."

"Wait, does Eugene have any other names?" She asked, and my eyes widened, realisation hitting me like a ton of bricks.

"He's actually Elvin-Eugene." I said shakily, and she gave me a knowing look.

"Do you think.."

"Oh my gosh, it's Elvin, not Alvin!" My heart was beating really fast as my eyes widened at the realisation.

"Really? Are you sure, babe?"

"Girl think! Elvin, Alvin!" I reasoned. "Why didn't I even think of it earlier!"