22. Gentle, Funny and Touchy

Mirabelle's POV

His lips brushed over mine and just when he was about to do whatever he was about to do, I felt a vibration on my waist and I immediately took the phone from his hand and pulled away from him, flustered.

“Shit.” He muttered, and I smiled, flipping my hair in his face before I picked the call.

“Hey, Mary.” I spoke, my own voice weird to me.

“Girl, since when do you delay my calls?” She inquired as I opened the door to leave the room.

“I'm sorry, something weird happened.” I murmured, finding a place to be out of earshot.

“Really? What?”

“You know I told you that I was moving in with Eugene…”

“Yes, yes, how did it go?”

“I settled like twenty minutes ago, and afterwards, we were bickering, and he was teasing me and all…and now we almost kissed.” I narrated, and her expected dramatic reaction followed.

“Now I won't be surprised when you call me the next time to tell me that you two had sex.”

“Mary! That's enough.” I groaned.

“Girl come on…but why didn't you tell Mimi everything? I mean, the truth…isn't it odd you're living with him?”

“Right! it seems so surreal…I didn't tell Mimi because I never got the chance till things went out of hand…now she's in too deep..she'll really be hurt.”

“So what if you meet someone you want and want to be with that person?” She asked, and David came to mind.

“I don't know..:

“Or you like him?”

“What? No!”

“Not even a little bit?”

“Mary, no, he's a plain jerk. Maybe he can be funny and annoying as well as a bit sweet, but I don't fully know him.”

“Okay, then he must like you…”

“I can't be too sure. Some guys like to play around.” I sighed.

“So he was playing around when he lobbied for you to stay with him?”

“I-I don't know.” I groaned, confused. Maybe it could be true. Eugene might like me.

“Yeah..so maybe he does..but he hates he does…you get me?”

“I'm confused. What if he just wants to spite me?” I inquired.

“See? So yeah, he dislikes that he likes you.”

“You're making a lot of sense.” I droned sarcastically.

“I know, right?” She giggled. “But where is all this leading to?”

“I've got no idea..like I said I'm still confused about everything and another reason I haven't even outed us is because I feel like there's something he knows about me..like maybe he's known me before…I don't remember. “

“True…do you remember any Eugene from high school?”

“Of course not…unless the biology teacher.”

“Yeah true…is there anyone you've hurt so bad?”

“Nope…many a few petty things but nothing so marring and besides I always apologised, the dude is crazy.” I shrugged.

“At least he was clear that he and Lynelle aren't dating.”

“I know, right.” I sighed and remembered something.