Chapter 26

Lizzie's POV

Lizzie was surprised when she stepped in, the first thing she noticed was the deep green walls reflective of the forest outside. It was of a similar design to Lizzie's with the bed against the wall and the two French doors leading onto a large balcony to reveal the magnificent view of the trees below.

It disappointed Lizzie on how minimal his room was with only the necessities, revealing nothing of his personality.

"No hobbies" Lizzie probes as she whirls around to face him.

"I was really into Lego as a kid" Aiden comments, his lips tilting into a small smile.

"However a few years ago, my Father instructed that I needed to grow up, all the Lego that used to be displayed on the shelf over there". He points to the shelf above his chest of drawers.

"Was taken down and hopefully placed in storage boxes" Sadness crept into his voice, giving Lizzie a glimpse of the boy he used to be. "It was childish anyway, I'm glad it was packed away".

Lizzie holds her sigh, "That's a shame. It would've been cool to see. I don't think I'd have the patience to sit and build something".

He chuckles, "Not many people seem to do, my sister certainly doesn't"

Lizzie smiles at the idea of an impatient Kat staring at the Lego.

"Anyway, the bathroom is just to the left" He sweeps his hands out in the direction. "She normally leaves spare makeup products, borrow whatever you'd like"

"Thanks" Lizzie says sheepishly.

Opening the door and walking in, Lizzie was not surprised to see the lavish interior inside. The warm chandelier light reflected off the creamy white marble benchtops. Despite it being an ensuite for Aiden, the bathroom had two sinks, for anyone who stayed the night she guessed.

The thought turned sour in her mind, but she gently reminded herself that Aiden wasn't hers, despite ending up in his bedroom.

What a mess, Lizzie thought as she stared at her tear-stained face in the mirror. Her heart was still pounding with a mixture of nerves and anger as she begins to slowly process her conversation with Henry. Despite her feelings of resentment with Henry, she couldn't deny the pain she was feeling.

How was their friendship ever going to overcome this?

What she couldn't understand, the one thought that kept circling her mind over and over was how did Aiden know that she was talking to the Henry Castill. Why was this feud so personal, at this point it wouldn't surprise her if they revealed they were two mafia gangs.

She subtly glances behind her to find Aiden on his bed looking at his phone, she was thankful for the illusion of privacy. Aiden's reaction was exactly the same as Henry's, she recalls his face, the fierceness in his expression as he demands that she doesn't talk to him. It almost felt like Aiden was concerned for her safety rather than acting out on his possessive instincts.

Lizzie sighs, the more time she spent in Norhaven the more questions she developed. She'd doubt that she'd get any answers from Aiden tonight.

Opening up one of the drawers, she finds exactly what she needs to fix her makeup, thanking her lucky stars that Kat and her had a similar complexion or else this would never work.

...

"Thanks for helping me" She expresses, walking out of the bathroom. She'd managed to fix most of her appearance that it looked almost the same as when she arrived at the party.

"Anytime Elizabeth. Look about before when you arrived" Aiden goes to hop off the bed

"Wait, don't get off. I just need to sit for a moment, these heels are driving me crazy". Ensuring not to sit too close to Aiden, Lizzie carefully peels off her heels and slides onto the edge of Aiden's bed ensuring there was enough distance between the two of them.