Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Aiden's POV

"Prepare the defences" Aiden orders through the mindlink as Donovan floors the engine, speeding straight to the forest. "Rogues will be entering Norhaven in less than five minutes".

Aiden exhales nervously as adrenaline courses through his body. He was risking his pack's trust by blindly following Henry's word.

The three of them hurry out of the car as they arrive at the forest's border, shifting quickly before charging into a sprint.

Limited sunlight shone into the forest, the sun slipping behind the clouds to provide them with the perfect coverage. It seemed nature was helping them, even the wind was blowing in the opposite direction hiding the scent from the incoming threat.

"You don't actually trust him" Jack snarls, mind linking Donovan and Aiden as he dodges between trees. Aiden knew that Jack wouldn't be the only wolf to question his decisions.

"I won't ever trust him" Aiden growls in return, his loyalties would always be with Norhaven.

"But I know that he cares for Elizabeth enough that he wouldn't risk her life, especially since she's now my mate".

Jack only grumbles through the mindlink.

"But he already attempted to betray her last night, demanding she sneak into your Father's study, what if its a trap" Donovan interjects

"I know and I've considered the possibility, which is why I've stationed half our warriors back in town in case they decide to use this as a distraction"

Donovan nods affirmatively but Aiden knows that he's still not happy with the decision. Despite the warriors being trained there was still strengths in numbers. Aiden just prayed that Henry wouldn't stoop this low to involve Elizabeth in overthrowing the pack.

The thought of Elizabeth and Henry being friends still caused his jealousy to rise, he could tell that Elizabeth cared deeply for him despite his demands last night. If he could he would detail all the terrible things Henry Cavill had done to his pack but that would only result in upsetting her, something Aiden never wanted to do.

They slow down as they arrive at the edge of the border, most of his pack warriors had already positioned themselves defensively.

"What's the plan Alpha?" A pack warrior says mind linking him.

Aiden takes a moment to collect himself before he addresses the wolves.

"This may be a trap" Aiden states through mind-links "We've been informed by someone in Everdale" Aiden pauses as growls filter through.

"I have it on good judgement that the information is correct however I have organised for the rest of the pack warriors to remain in Norhaven to protect the town if this goes south"

"Who's the Everdale insider and how do you know you can trust them" One of the senior pack warriors speak up

Donovan and Jack pass a sidelong glance but Aiden ignores it.

"That information is irrelevant" He ignores the grumbles that pass through the wolves. "Everyone get into position, they'll be arriving any..."

Aiden's words are cut off as a group of rogue wolves burst through the trees in a surprise attack.

Whines echo through the forest as the rogue wolves waste no time, ripping into the unsuspecting pack warriors.

How the hell did no one detect them.

Aiden immediately charges ahead, his wolf on full attack mode. He jumps on top of a rogue wolf tackling him to the ground, he snaps his teeth at Aiden but he dodges, moving his head just in time to lean in and rip into his neck. Blood sprays everywhere but Aiden keeps digging until the rogue lays lifeless on the ground.