Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Lizzie hadn't truly forgiven Aiden nor would she ever completely trust him.

The small piece of doubt itched at the back of her mind suggesting that this was all an elaborate plan from Aiden to break down her walls before truly inflicting damage. She shuddered at the thought, she refused to let that happen.

She'd need to keep her guard up around him.

However, the car trip this morning had been unexpectedly nice unfortunately she'd need to refuse future trips.

She wouldn't allow Aiden the opportunity to slowly sneak into her heart, she only wanted his friendship and for him to keep his promise. 

Carrying her lunch she surveyed the busy cafeteria, the commotion of people bringing back her headache from this morning. Lizzie didn't realise that having Kat and Cassandra as friends, meant non-stop questions about her trip with Aiden.

Kat even had the nerve to comment on how good they'd look as a couple. Lizzie had shut her down immediately.

She finally locates Kat and everyone else, her heart increasing in rhythm as she identifies that the only available seat is next to Aiden.

She hesitates for a moment, Henry's words appearing in her head, "Don't under any circumstance trust Aiden Black". She could almost hear Henry telling her how naive she is to form a friendship with him.

Worry gnaws at her as she's reminded of the events of last night. She still needed to ring him and make sure he was okay.

"Lizzie" Kat yells extravagantly from the table, breaking Lizzie out of her reverie and attracting a few eyes towards her. Heat rises to her cheeks as she keeps her eyes downwards.

They had seen her now, there was no point in hiding for the entire lunch. Regardless, she had English with Aiden next, she'd more than likely sit next to him there.

She slides into her seat, careful to not bump him. He smiles warmly at her as she sits, surprising Lizzie that she sends a forced smile back. It would take time to adjust to Aiden's sudden change of heart.

"So how was class" Donovan asks her, whilst crunching on a carrot.

"Boring, but I'm looking forward to tonight" She turns towards Kat her lips tilted into a smile.

Kat squeals in delight, "Everybody is coming" she announces, "It's going to be one of the best parties that I've held".

Cassandra quietly groans beside her, a pained expression etched across her face.

"Oh shut up" Kat lightly elbows her, "It's going to be great fun, it always is"

"It's great fun for you Kat, who somehow always happens to be busy the next day during clean up" Jack states accusingly raising his eyebrows at her before his eyes dart to Lizzie. She's taken aback by the disgust for her still flickering deep within as Lizzie quickly averts her eyes. 

It seemed Jack didn't also have a miraculous change of heart.

Hopefully after Aiden explained everything, she'd understand Jack's hatred for her and Everdale and be able to change his mind.

"Anyway, I have lots of dresses for you to try on" Kat announces, changing the subject.

"Nothing too short" Aiden states, sending Kat a hard look.

She rolls her eyes, ignoring him.

Lizzie turns to face Aiden bringing his attention away from Kat. "What's wrong with a short dress?"