Chapter 12

Chapter 8

Positive Quote: "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken" Oscar Wilde

Speech_error

Aiden's POV

Even though Aiden can't see her, he knows she's entered the field. Her scent is overpowering, almost toxic. He feels like he's on the verge of a headache as his wolf demands to see his mate. 

He ignores him, shaking his head subconsciously in an effort to quieten him.

He turns back to the conversation with his mates, however, he can't ignore the demands of his wolf any longer, as he takes a furtive glance at Elizabeth.

Despite his initial thoughts this morning, Aiden was more willing to give his mate another chance. That fierce streak she'd been hiding, revealed to Aiden that she may have the characteristics to survive being Luna to a werewolf pack.

Human Luna's were extremely rare, history had informed him that many didn't survive past the ten-year mark. The thought burdened his heart, he didn't want to responsible for her death. Human Luna's were large targets for a pack. Once discovered, rival packs made it their goal to assassinate the human Luna.

Bring down the Luna and they brought down the whole pack.

Aiden gritted his teeth as his hands clench beside him. He could already foresee the mutts of Everdale having no qualms about murdering a human if it meant the end of the Norhaven pack.

These thoughts bring more weight to his mind. Aiden had to carefully consider if he wanted to bring Elizabeth into this life if he wanted a human as his mate.

She looked stunning in her sports gear as he glanced, the tight uniform outlined her curves leaving little to the imagination and causing his blood to run south.

Aiden returns back to the conversation, he didn't need Elizabeth knowing he was staring at her, not until he truly decided what to do. It was safer for her, to keep acting like a cold and heartless jerk until he made a decision.

The wind shifts north sending her toxic scent towards him. It attracts the attention of his un-mated werewolf friends, they turn to look, staring at her irresistibly.

"DON'T LOOK AT HER" Aiden commands through the mind-link.

Aiden lets his gaze fall on Elizabeth, displeased and furious that they could look at her this way. She was their future Luna.

She could be their future Luna, he corrects himself

It dawns on Aiden that if he didn't accept Elizabeth as his mate then she could be claimed by any worthless human. The thought tastes sour in his mind.

Aiden groans, as the coach shouts, informing the class they were completing laps. Aiden loved to run but in wolf form, in this skin he could never show his real speed in front of all the humans.

Noting the competitiveness clear on Elizabeth's face, he sends her a smirk as he positions himself amongst the other wolves at the starting line.

As the sound hits his ears he starts off in a fast jog. It irked him, watching the pathetic human males show off their speed, running past him, but protecting their identity was imperative to the survival of the werewolf race.

What he didn't expect was for Elizabeth to sprint past.

Shit, he watches in awe as she runs effortlessly past the guys, taking the lead position.

"Catch up to mate." His wolf demanded

He didn't need to be asked twice

Ignoring his previous thoughts, he uses his werewolf speed, catching up to Elizabeth within seconds.

Her eyes went wide as he approached her, running effortlessly alongside her.

A muscle feathered in her jaw as Aiden kept pace with her for the entire lap. Maintaining his lazy grin, he increased his speed as Elizabeth did, hoping for a chance to talk to her.

"Give up now. You won't win". Lizzie yells against the berating wind. She looked surprised by her outburst but didn't apologise. She instead sprints faster in an effort to outrun him.
He knew why she attacked, just like any female, she held a grudge. He wanted to roll his eyes at the pettiness of it.

"Hey, look about lunch"

"What do you want from me" Lizzie asks, her vulnerability clear in her eyes that Aiden was taken aback momentarily. He'd forgotten how fragile and vulnerable humans could be. He paused a moment longer, noting the conflict written across her face, she was still undecided about how to act around him.

It sparked hope for Aiden.

"I don't know" He responded, it was the most honest thing he had said in a long time.

Elizabeth sighed, "I can't be friends with someone who's going to treat me like trash on the street one day and then like a human being the next. It's confusing. I'm better off not being friends with you at all"

Her words were like a knife to his heart.

She didn't want him in her life, it felt like she had rejected him.

Common sense flew out the window as anger consumed Aiden. The last few words played on repeat in his mind like a broken record.

Aiden's thoughts turned hateful, vengeful. He wanted her to feel the sting of rejection. Anger warped his mind that he didn't realise that Lizzie had simply given him a choice. She didn't want to be friends with him if he continued to treat her like he did at lunch.

Throughout werewolf history, Alpha's were well known for their anger, being an Alpha came with perks along with heightened emotions.

Without thinking, Aiden goes to open his mouth,

"You think Kat wants to be friends with you, she just took pity on you since your new. She does this with everyone. You're just her new little guinea pig"

His wolf screams at him to stop, he needed his mate to like him, but he ignores his wolf continuing the verbal assault.

"That's not true, she wouldn't.."

Aiden cuts her off, "Kat hates people from Everdale, she'll ditch you before the end of next week, trust me"

He watches as Lizzie turns her face to the side, brushing a stray tear away. Instead of feeling victorious, regret poured into Aiden. He didn't expect her to cry. He never wanted to see her cry.

"You know what, F you Aiden". She spits, as she slows down letting Aiden completely overtake her.