Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Author's Note

Apologies for the delay. Life is extremely busy at the moment. 

I'll post more when I can. 

Thanks for reading

Speech_error

Aiden's Point of View

"Where is she now" Aiden growls through the mindlink  as he presses his foot harder against the gas. He'd do anything to shift into his wolf but knew there would be no returning if the people of Norhaven saw. 

The entire wolf community would be hunted to extinction and despite the idea of the Everdale wolves being slaughtered, he knew there were other packs around the world who were innocent.

"She's five kilometres from the border" One of the scouts immediately responds. 

"Shit" Aiden mutters, as he quickly overtakes another car. There's a long beep in return but he  knew none of the humans would dare to confront him.

"Would you like us to intervene?" another scout asks.

Aiden weaves through the highway, his entire body taut with angst. He wanted the scouts to step in but knew Elizabeth would assume it was a rogue wolf and panic. Which would only make the situation worse. 

"No" he informs, "But continue to watch her".

Aiden didn't know what he would do if Elizabeth crossed the border, he knew Henry would use this to his advantage and couldn't stand the idea of his mate being held prisoner.

After everything that had happened between them, he didn't realise how fragile her trust in him was. He should never have taken her for granted and now he was paying for the consequences.

Elizabeth's Point of View

The image of Jasmine kissing Aiden continues to burn in her mind as she turns right onto the highway, leading her to the only person that would ever understand her feelings.

How could she have been so stupid. Henry had warned her over, and over again and yet she'd chosen Aiden, someone who'd she known for less than a minute.

Lizzie slams her heard back against the headrest, groaning in frustration. She had been so gullible, allowing Aiden into her life, falling in love and trusting him just to have it thrown right back into her face. All that crap about being the person destined to be with him, his mate.

She should've realized that once a player always a player.

Lizzie wipes away her loose tears as she pushes her accelerator down further as it changes to a   new speed limit. The faster she got to Henry's, the sooner she would feel safe.

But an unsettling thought creeps into her mind,

Would Henry be happy to see her? Would he even want to see her?

After their last conversation, Henry had expressed that Lizzie was his enemy. Was this still the case if Lizzie had broken things off with Aiden.

Her throat constricts at the thought as a rush of tears well to the surface.

She blinks them away as she grips the steering wheel, Aiden had destroyed their future. With that one kiss he had given away his one chance to be with her. 

The screech of a wheels gains her attention as she looks in her rear-view mirror. Her heart lurches into her throat as an unmistakable silver car turns onto the highway.