Chapter 9

Lizzie's POV

The alarm beside Lizzie's bedside shrieks in warning, its insensitive ringing filling her ears.

Groaning, she rolls over swiping her phone from the table. She slides her finger across the bottom until it effectively stops screeching at her to get up.

She lays in bed for a moment longer, staring at the ceiling, wishing for another half hour of sleep. 

After her abrupt phone call with Henry last night, she finished her homework before finally collapsing into bed after midnight.

Today she vowed that she wouldn't be so distracted. The world didn't revolve around Aiden Black, she didn't need to be thinking about him twenty four seven.

Whatever problem he had with her, was his issue. Kat and her friends were still happy for Lizzie to stay with them.

Shaking her head, she rids herself of any thoughts of Aiden. 

"It's going to be a great day" Lizzie mutters trying to convince herself as she swings out of bed.

Well it can't be worse than yesterday, she thinks as she stumbles towards the shower.

It can't be worse than yesterday.

...

Slipping into her seat, Lizzie realised that Kat also shared homeroom with her.

"Hey" she chirped

"Hey" Lizzie smiled turning to face Kat. She looked different today, with her summer blonde hair tied back, accentuating her petite pixie features. "How was your night"

Despite what she thought this morning Lizzie hoped that Kat would mention Aiden, but she just rattles off something that she and Cassandra did.

Being at school, it felt utterly impossible to focus on her school work without wondering whether she'd actually see him today.

Lizzie covers her escaped yawn, as Kat inquires about her night.

"I just talked to my best-friend and then finished my homework"

"That's nice your still keeping in contact with your friends. It must be hard living so far away"

"It is, but Hen- " Lizzie freezes, her heart racing. She'd lied to them yesterday, stating that she didn't know Henry. Kat doesn't notice the slip, searching through her pencil case. "But Harry and I are really close, so we don't mind making the effort to stay in contact.

Lizzie swallows nervously as she studies Kat, but from the bright smile plastered on her face, she doesn't think she noticed the name change.

"How did all of you guys meet?" Lizzie asks, taking the attention off her.

"We've all just grown up with each other. Donovan and Jack are my brother's best-friends, Cassandra's always been my best-friend and she's going out with Donovan. And now your part of our group"

Lizzie was shocked at how certain Kat sounded about being part of the group.

"You guys all seem really close, I don't think-"

"Lizzie" Kat rests a hand on Lizzie's shoulder. "You only just met all of us but trust me by the end of the term it'll feel like you've been with us for years"

Lizzie nods her head but she didn't think Kat realised that Jack had some sort of vendetta towards her because of her birthplace and Aiden hadn't even spoken more than a word to her.