04| Prove It

"YEAH

"YEAH..." I NOD as she walks up to me.

I pull my hand out expecting her to shake it but instead, she pulls me into a hug, which completely throws me off.

Okay...

I furrow my eyes brows awkwardly and look towards Justina to see her raising her eyebrows at me to see what I do next.

"Angelica, Antonio's mother," she says pulling me towards the stool near the counter. 

"Zamira," I reply almost tripping over my own feet.

"Beautiful name love. Your accent. A re you from the UK?" She asks. Ok, what's with me and my accent? Have people never heard a British accent before? 

"Um yeah, I was born there." I say as she sits me down onto the stool suddenly. A plate of food is pushed in front of me, plenty of eyes watching me as I give an awful strained smile and begin eating the food I was given.

Angelica converses with, asking me many questions of which I answer with half truths as I'm not fully acquainted with anyone here nor do I trust them as they don't trust me either. It's then  after a few minutes of conversing and getting to know Angelica is when I begin to loosen up and get more comfortable around her.

A strong presence is sensed behind me and I turn looking up at Antonio whos eyes hold confusion, seeing his mother and I's interaction. "Morning boss," I grin giving him a quick and stealthy salute with my hands.

He frowns down at me then looks up, seeing his mother who gives him a slight glare. "Morning," he forcefully grumbles walking from behind me and towards her. He kisses her forehead and mutter a soft good morning, asking her how her sleep was in Italian.

A sad smiles appears on my face as I watch the two and a hand drops down onto my shoulder, causing my body to tense at the unusual feeling. "He's a softie," Justina says.

I look up at her and give her a strained smile with a small nod.

A while after our dramatic talk in the garden, Justina had come to my room and apologized. Not knowing that I had barely cared about what she said. Regardless, I accepted and we talked for a bit now making us well acquainted.

Upon Antonio's entrance many people disperse and leave the kitchen leaving just him and I in the room.

The sound of the stool that I am sat on scratching the floor is heard when I stand up. I walk around the counter and place my plate into the sink. But as I'm about to walk out his deep voice rings through the room.

"Meet me in my office, we have things to discuss,". I turn and look at him.
He's leaning back into his comfortable-looking dining chair ruffling his hair up.

"Yes sir." I purse my lips, turning around again and walking off.

I walk through many hallways and climb 3 flights of stairs which take me to the third floor where Justina said his office was. The hallway is big and empty and It doesn't take time for me to find it as it is practically the first thing that I see.