34. - Sweet

CLOSING THE DOOR, my body shivers at the quietness of the home

CLOSING THE DOOR, my body shivers at the quietness of the home. I remove my running shoes and go upstairs, deciding to take a bath first then eat.

After that run I must say that I'm feeling much better.

I enter my bathroom and take my clothes off, dropping them onto the ground and enter the shower, turning it to a very hot temperature.

My mind wonders off into another world and before I know it I'm already dressed in some comfortable clothes and heading on downstairs.

"Hey," I smile seeing Matteo in the kitchen buttering some toast.

"Why do you look so dead..." he furrows his eyebrows.

Is he serious?

"That's the first thing you're going to say to me?" I chuckle hitting his arm as I grab a box of cereal and some milk.

"I mean in my books it was sort of a compliment. I was expecting a kiss on the cheek or maybe a hug," he shrugs, taking a bite out of his food.

"That was an insult, you should be happy I don't have a weapon on me at the moment," I frown.

He gasps dramatically as if something traumatic happened, "You? Not carrying a weapon? Are you sure you're not really dead?" he pokes my arm.

"Stop that," I grit slapping his hand away.

"If you keep that up we'll really see who ends up as the dead one," I glare scooping some of the Cheerios into my mouth.

He rolls his eyes.

"Ok now that our little joke, scold session is over let's be serious," he slides his plate over next to me and takes a seat on the stool right beside me.

I hum turning to look at him. "What's up with you? You've been quieter and we haven't seen you much since that party. Angelica's one," he specifies.

My chewing slows down and I let out a sigh.

Do I tell him? Do I not tell him?

"Mira," he nudges my shoulder noticing that I've gotten too quiet.

"It's nothing, I mean it's something but it's nothing".

"It's not 'nothing' if it's got you going this quiet," he rolls his eyes.

"I mean last week during our movie night me and Justina were this close to ripping each others heads off. I'm surprised you didn't say anything or throw one of your cow slippers at us," he scoffs.

I chuckle and roll my eyes, "You've got something against my cow slippers?" I ask him.

"No. Wait are you trying to change the topic," he purses his lips.

Damnit.

"No," my head dips down and I continue to eat.

He chuckles and shakes his head, "Well I'll take the hint and leave the topic for when you feel comfortable,"