56. - Menstruating

MY EYES NERVOUSLY TRAVEL BACK TO ZAMIRA'S AS SHE GIVES ME A HARD stare which practically sends holes through my whole head

"Amore... do you want some more?" I place the chocolate bar in her hand and watch as she slowly brings it to her lips and looks away.

I let out a breath of relief and open up the windows to let some air into the car.

Yesterday morning Zamira got her period and was flipping me off for most of the day so I barely got any hugs, kisses or I love you's.

Her cramps were and still are killing her so I had to run a few errands and get some stuff for her to ease the pain and to help her get through the whole 5 days.

Today we're on our way to the airport to leave for Italy as I mentioned before that we're staying there for New Years.

Unfortunately Angelo and Justina won't be able to attend, but we agreed on face timing them 5 minutes before the clock struck at twelve so that just leaves me, grumpy pants beside me, my mamá and Matteo travelling there together.

"What's her problem?" Matteo watches Zamira when we arrive and exit the car.

"She's going through some stuff..." I sigh.

I believe the correct term is menstruating... I don't know, I never really paid attention in those talks in class or with my mother.

"Get her bags for me? I need to check up on her," I ask. Matteo nods and slaps the back of my head which has me rolling my eyes before heading towards Zamira.

"How are you feeling now love?" I ask pulling her into me. She whimpers and places her forehead on my chest and I frown.

Her pills haven't started working yet.

Fuck I wish I could just take the pain for her. "Why don't we go inside the plane and I'll bring you your heating pad and let you rest after take off, yeah?" My lips meet her forehead as she nods and wraps her arms around me tightly.

"I love you," she mutters against my hoodie. "Anch'io ti amo," I reply with a creepy smile.

-♛-

As soon as the plane took off 4 hours ago I had gotten Zamira her heating pad and laid her down on the bed in the bedroom of the plane.

Right now I'm working beside her as she sleeps and am making sure to check if she's okay or if the heating pad is still warm enough to ease her abdomen pain.

"Antonio?" I hear my mothers voice as she open the door and pokes her head in. "There's some food if you want something to eat... You should take a little break," she smiles, her eyes darting over to the sleeping beauty next to me.

"Yea... Um I'm coming," I rub my eyes and close my laptop.

My eyes move down to Zamira's and I wince under my breath realizing that I need to wake her up so she can eat and take some pills too...