14| Moonlight

"FERMARE FERMARE, that's too much Zamira," Angelica slaps my hand

[Stop]

"It's not like I was taught how to cook," I frown.

"That's what I'm trying to do here isn't it," she glares at me before throwing the soup into the sink.

I may have put a little too much salt, just a little much.

"Again," she places the washed pot in front of me.

"Why don't you teach me how to make rice," I raise my eyebrows.

"We have a rice cooker for that," she says getting the ingredients for the soup.

I sigh biting my lip as I try thinking of something else. "How about pasta, you Italians love it don't you?"

"I'll teach you another time, for now you're learning how to make soup whether you want to or not," she finalizes.

Groaning I let my head hang low.

When I lift my head up my eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when I see Antonio in... Normal clothes?

"What?" his deep voice grumbles.

"Nothing," I smile awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.

"You're not working?" Angelica asks smacking my shoulder as an alternative to tell me to start cutting my vegetables.

"I decided to take a day off..." his eyes slowly trail down to the knife in my hand.

"What?" now its my turn to ask with a frown.

"Nothing," he looks back at Angelica.

I begin cutting the washed vegetables Angelica had placed in front of me then put them in separate bowls.

I then add a little bit of oil into the pot and turn the heat of the stove to a medium temperature.

"Antonio is that you?" I hear Justina gasp as her slippers tap against the cold marble floor.

He rolls his eyes and ignores her.

"Good, now add the onion and the carrots," Angelica instructs from beside me.

"I know what I'm doing," I frown.

"That's what you said 2 hours ago. Now do it," she nags.